Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw

Go down

Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw Empty Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw

Post by WhiteRaven on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:16 pm

The speckled black and white apprentice wandered aimlessly through the Darkclan territory. It had been a while since she had been able to venture out, her mentor had been so busy with clan duties that they didn't seem to have much time to dedicate to training her. Although Aspenpaw understood, she was BORED out of her DANG MIND, she missed the tackling and training and exploring that she used to do so often. As a result, this led her to venture out on her own during Sun-high, slipping out when the older Warriors were pre-occupied with eating. The apprentice bounded across the territory, getting as far away from the clan entrance as possible, before slowing to the steady trot. She seemed to pad on for hours, getting distracted by all the noises and sounds the forest had to offer. Suddenly, a scent caught her attention and she came to a halt, realizing she had come close to the Shadowclan border. Aspenpaw bound up a small hill, glancing down at the incline to reveal what she had to assume was the border. "I've never seen the Shadowclan border up close!" Aspenpaw thought excitedly, waving her tail back and forth, "Its so dark and diff-!" Suddenly, Aspenpaw felt her body lurch forward, it seemed as though she had been a little too eager to glance over the edge of the hill into the territory. "W-Whwoahhh!!" She exclaimed, scrambling to regain her footing, and failing to do so. Before she realized it, the apprentice began to tumbling down the steep hill, which was a little slippery in the first place to the yesterday's previous rainfall. By the time Aspenpaw had come to a stop, she let out a huff "o-ouch" she grimaced as she attempted to steady herself, "Geez, how could I be so clums-" Aspenpaw froze, and glanced around her realizing she had crossed the border. Right now, she was sitting in Shadowclan territory. "Oops, I better get outta here..!" Aspenpaw thought, and went to jump to her feet and dart back home, however she faltered slightly, feeling a sharp pain in her left front paw. Upon further inspection, Aspenpaw realized she had managed to lodge a pretty nasty thorn in her paw, "Foxdung..! That hurt!" she thought, and sat back down. The sudden sound of rustling caught her attention, Aspenpaw felt her whole body tense, "Who's there...?" She said quietly, nervously, much the opposite of her usual boisterous tone. 
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw Empty Re: Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw

Post by daisypaw << on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm

DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

daisypaw had been out in the woods, seeing what kind of herbs she could collect to bring back to rainwhisper. this happened fairly often, as she was always so eager to learn about something new and learn how she could help her clanmates. could you blame her? she had just lost her mother, her leader, and she was unable to do nothing about it. but she figured now if she learned, she would be able to prevent other cats from having the same fate. maybe, just maybe.

she had a mouthful of comfrey root, her fluffy tail high as she looked around for anything else she would be able to carry. she knew she was getting near the border and she didn't want to go much further because she feared meeting a darkclan patrol, but - wait, why was the darkclan scent so strong? it was almost..on their territory. did darkclan trespass? she peeped through the bushes, trying to stay hidden incase she was about to get ambushed or something, but then she saw it was just an apprentice. she looked to be younger than daisypaw was, but perhaps it was just because she wasn't as fluffy.

she wasn't going to do anything at first, she was just going to let the apprentice get up and leave and she would mark over her scent and pretend like nothing had happened. she didn't want to stir up unnecessary drama over a poor apprentice that wandered too far. but then the apprentice was asking who was there- oops! daisypaw must've been too loud. she put the burdock root on the ground infront of her to talk. "you're, um, in shadowclan territory. you might want to go." she said softly, quietly, unsure if the apprentice would attack her or not. she stayed in her hidden spot, though, just using her voice. she could see the other apprentice, the other apprentice couldnt see her. maybe the poor apprentice didnt even know she was on another clans territory, maybe she was a new apprentice and hadn't learned scents yet.

as soon as she finished her sentence, her eyes flitted down to see that the apprentice was having trouble moving, and was looking at her paw. did she have an issue with her paw? she leaned forward a bit from her spot behind the bushes and she couldn't see anything, but she could see the grimace on the other molly's face and she could tell she had an issue. she felt pride swelling inside her as she realized she may be able to help! she had been working with rainwhisper after all and had learned a good bit of things!

she picked up her burdock root pile and stepped through the bushes, revealing herself to the apprentice. now, daisypaw was a big girl. she was fluffy and a little overweight. so she hoped she didn't come off as intimidating. she set the burdock root down, carefully taking a step towards the apprentice. the apprentice had to have noticed by now how timid daisypaw was, and had to have realized that she wasn't going to do her any harm. "what happened to your paw? i, um..i might be able to help.."

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw Empty Re: Could we be... Friends? - Private | Aspenpaw and Daisypaw

Post by WhiteRaven on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:05 pm

✦ Aspenpaw ✦

Apsenpaw flinched at the sound of a voice responding to her question, she really hoped that no one would respond. The last thing she wanted was to get in trouble due to her own clumsy mistake, she would get scolded by her mentor so bad, let alone, bring trouble to her clan for quite literally falling into another clans territory! However, the voice that responded was relatively soft, and didn't really sound angry or threatening so she was able to relax just a little. "Yup! sorry! i'm gonna get on my way- See ya!- Ah!" Aspenpaw exclaimed as she stepped right down on her paw again, digging the thorn a little bit deeper into the soft pad of her paw. "OOOuchy ow, ow, ow..!" Aspenpaw flinched and recoiled, bringing her paw close to her body. Her gaze moved to inspect her injury further, now beginning to see some blood trickle from her paw. Her ears swivelled at the sound of the rustling of bushes, and she turned her gaze to see a she-cat emerge from the bushes. Her green eyes widened, the she-cat didn't look much older then her, if they weren't at least the same age, and a heavy scent of herbs and flowers seemed to radiate off of her. "Whoah... she's gorgeous!" Aspenpaw thought without a second-thought, and she was merely being honest, whether or not the cat was from an opposing clan, it was easy to see how pretty this soft-spoken stranger was. Now Aspenpaw had an image to match the soft voice from before to, the stranger seemed rather... shy, and Aspenpaw let out a sigh of relief, at least it wasn't a Shadowclan warrior coming to teach her a hard lesson. "I... uh.. didn't mean to be in your territory, ya see I kind of slipped and... rolled here?" The speckled apprentice hesitated in explaining herself, admittedly a little embarrassed. "Now I have this, thorn stuck in my paw.." Aspenpaw said, and showed the stranger the pad of her paw. Aspenpaw then cocked her head to the side, "Do you know how to... fix it?... and are you allowed to help? I mean... I don't wanna get you in trouble too or anything, i've probably already stirred up a ruckus" She asked, touched that the molly was willing to help her despite being from different clans, but worried that they would BOTH be punished if they got caught. 
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:16 am

DAISYPAW

daisypaw was almost about to tell the darkclan warrior that she didn't need to explain herself, it wasn't like she was going to go report this back to her leader or anything. but she figured that the apprentice herself probably felt better telling her what happened, so she would let her do so if it would make her happier and more relieved. she said she slipped and got a thorn in her paw, which was - well, believeable. she nodded to show her that she understood the situation. the molly seemed truly embarrassed, and daisypaw had to admit she felt a bit bad for her. she probably was just bored in camp and got too close to the border and fell. the hill was a little steep, daisypaw would admit that!

"i don't see why not,"  she answered back softly when aspenpaw asked if she would be able to help and if she knew how to fix it. she definitely knew how to fix it, and she could tell the other apprentice probably was nervous about getting in trouble. "nobody else has noticed yet, you haven't made a commotion,"  she pointed out to the molly, "besides, if i don't help you there's no way you'll get back up that hill!"  she motioned with her tail to the steep incline just a few paw steps behind the molly.

a thorn, she had said. she could fix a thorn! she just had to pull it out, put some of this handy dandy burdock root she happened to have with her on it, and then wrap it in a cobweb! wow, she knew so much! she felt her chest swell with a bit of pride as she realized that her mom would be so proud of her - and she couldn't wait to go tell rainwhisper about this! "it might hurt, so hold still. i gotta..i gotta, um, pull it out, and then, um..put this on it."  she tried to explain briefly. she felt her face redden a bit - oh, she hated being so awkward and shy!

but without further ado, she was going for it. she was leaning her head forward, and it took a few tries for her to actually get ahold of the thorn, but then she was able to pull it out. a little blood pooled, but nothing that couldn't be taken care of; she sat back on her haunches, motioning for aspenpaw to hold her paw where she had left it in the air, and she grabbed a root and began chewing. she had done this before, but roots were always a little difficult to chew. and they didn't taste good. "sorry this is, um..taking so long.."  she apologized as she chewed.

a few moments later though, she was spitting it onto her paw and then spreading it onto aspenpaw's paw. "this like..stops it from getting infected. and i think it stops the pain, but im not sure about that one..."  she was still learning after all. "do you see any cobwebs? like..a spider web? we need to wrap it so it doesn't fall off when you walk on it.."

then she realized something. she had no clue who this molly was! "i'm daisypaw," she finally said out loud. she didn't say anything at first, because she figured the molly would automatically introduce herself back. but then she realized maybe she still had to ask. "and..you're..?"
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:03 pm

✦ Aspenpaw 

Aspenpaw followed the she-cat instruction, flinching slightly as she pulled out the thorn. However, the initial pain soon subsided, and a feeling of warm throbbing radiated over the surface of her paw, although Aspenpaw had to admit she was grateful for the relief in pressure. After the stranger had began to chew the medicine, the smell of burdock root entered Aspenpaw's senses, "Phew... That sure is strong" Aspenpaw commented, awkwardly chuckling, and tried to resist wincing as the medicinal herb was smoothed onto her paw. Aspenpaw watched in awe as the fluffy she-cat applied the paste, then glanced up at her when she spoke. "Oh! Right, haha, I'm Apsenpaw! Nice to meet ya Daisypaw" She smiled, waving her tail back and forth. "Thanks a lot for your help, you're super nice!... You sure do know a lot about herbs, are you... a medicine cat?" She inquired curiously. It was difficult to tell the she-cat age, even though they were now face-to-face, it seemed as though she was pretty mature, albeit a little shy, and she was definitely a bit taller then Aspenpaw, she could really just be a young medicine cat. Aspenpaw didn't know many medicine cats in the clans, as she never really got to see them at Gatherings, she had been too busy mingling with the other apprentices, or some friends from across the border.  Aspenpaw had suddenly realized she had skipped over the molly's question, "Oh! Uhhhh... maybe..." She gazed around, before spotting some cobwebs near the bottom of a bush. "Ah-ha!" She exclaimed, then awkwardly hopped towards the cobwebs, still balancing on three paws as to not ruin all the molly's hard work. Carefully, Aspenpaw scooped up the cobwebs with her other paws carefully not to pick up any unwanted bug on the way, then realized that... well, she had no idea what she was doing. "Uh.. haha, Daisypaw, would you mind..?" Aspenpaw chuckled awkwardly, "Im a bit of a mouse brain if you couldn't tell by now" she said, a little embarrassed at her lack of foresight, then gestured her paws forward, with the cobwebs on one paw, and the paste on the other. 
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:55 pm

DAISYPAW

daisypaw let out a soft mrrr of laughter whenever aspenpaw commented on how much the burdock root smelled. well, yeah, she wasn't wrong. she didn't prefer the smell of the root, but in times like this, there was nothing else they could do! they had to deal with it to fix the wound. she flicked an ear as she introduced herself and then began thanking her. "oh - its nothing, really," she said shyly when the other apprentice hit her with all the compliments. she felt a bit of heat rising to her face before she figured she should probably answer the question that had been asked of her. "no, i'm, um..not a medicine cat. i'm just an apprentice." she didn't have to ask whether aspenpaw was an apprentice; she could tell, just by the fact she had managed to land in shadowclan territory.

she didn't feel the need to explain her entire life story to aspenpaw, like the fact she was learning herbs because she wanted to help cats since she couldn't save her mother or her father from their own deaths. even doing small helpful things such as removing a thorn from another molly's paw brought pride and happiness to daisypaw.

after answering her question, she let her green glaze flit around the little area they were in, looking for some cobwebs. maybe she just didn't have a good eye, but she couldn't seem to find any! it seemed as though aspenpaw recalled what she was supposed to be helping with and she spotted some. daisypaw was about to tell her to stay still and she would fetch them, but the eager apprentice was already on the move - and now she couldn't go anywhere, because she had fresh webbing on one hand and the poultice on the other hand. she let out another mrrow of laughter as she realized the molly's situation, padding the few steps over to her with her fluffy tail in the air behind her.

daisypaw was sitting back down and reaching out a paw to snag the cobweb away from aspenpaw, before pulling aspenpaw's other paw forward to begin the wrapping. it was a little sloppy, she would admit, but hey - she was still training! she hated the fact it wasn't perfect, but some day it would be perfect. for now though, it got the job done; it would keep the poultice on. "you can probably walk on it now," she told her, hoping that it would work out and that it wouldn't fall off or anything. she flicked an ear, before she added, "and you're not a mousebrain! don't be so hard on yourself. you were just excited to help, thats all." she hated the thought of someone degrading themselves. even if she didn't know this apprentice well, she wouldn't stand for it!

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 pm

✦ Aspenpaw 

Aspenpaw watched in awe as Daisypaw wrapped her wound, feeling a cool rush smooth over the surface of her paw. "You're really an apprentice? You already seem like you know a lot!" She commented, waving her tail excitedly, "I bet you're gonna be the best medicine cat ever!" Aspenpaw admittedly, did not know anything about herbs, or how to bandage wounds, so anything Daisypaw did amazed her. Not to mention, she was thankful for the molly's kindness, and since Daisypaw seemed so good-natured, Aspenpaw was sure she would be an amazing medicine cat!

Slowly, Aspenpaw placed her paw to the ground, gently applying increasing pressure, hesitating before eventually standing on all fours. It definitely felt... weird, having a bulge under her paw, but it was definitely better then the pain she felt earlier. Aspenpaw purred and smiled as Daisypaw defended her, "Gee, You're really sweet Daisypaw, thanks again!" The apprentice then glanced around. She was still on foreign territory, but couldn't scent anyone for lengths. "Uhh... well, I mean since i'm already out here, did you need help look for herbs or anything? I've gotta repay you!" Aspenpaw looked at Daisypaw with determination, "My mentor says i'm a great tracker! Maybe that will help you get back to camp faster and make up for the time you lost helping me!" Aspenpaw knew she shouldn't have offered, it was against the code to mingle with other clan cats, but Daisypaw seemed really kind, and if she felt uncomfortable she could always decline her, Aspenpaw would not take offence, she'd still have been happy to have just met her!

Darkclan Apprentice

WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:21 pm

DAISYPAW

aspenpaw didn't seem to understand that daisypaw was just a normal apprentice, not a medicine cat's apprentice. she wondered how many times she would have to point this out to the darkclan apprentice before she figured it out. "no, no-" she shook her head, letting out a breath of laughter, "not a medicine cat apprentice. i'm a warrior's apprentice. i just know a thing or two about herbs," she tried to explain again, wrapping her large fluffy tail over her paws as she watched aspenpaw test out the wrapping. it definitely wasn't the best by any means but it would at least allow her to walk on it, at least get her home. part of her was really worried that whenever she started walking that it would fall off, but maybe daisypaw could just walk away fast enough that she wouldn't be here to see it happen.

aspenpaw thanked her again, and daisypaw figured that was the end of it and she would go home. "you're welcome," she reminded her again, a little purr rumbling from the chubby molly, "its nothing, really." she figured they'd be saying goodbyes now, but suddenly aspenpaw asked if she needed help finding herbs because she was a good tracker. and something about aspenpaw's bubbly personality made daisypaw think that no matter what, this girl wouldnt leave without helping in some way. and daisypaw just felt bad telling her to go home. "oh, i mean - sure, if you want to.." she answered back, unsure if this cat even knew anything about herbs or if she would just be a liability. "i just needed some burdock root, catmint and poppy seeds." she had previously had a huge bunch of burdock root, but she had to use some of it on aspenpaw's wound. "do you..know what any of that is?"

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:22 am

Aspenpaw

Aspenpaw blinked in surprise to learn that Daisypaw was, in fact, an apprentice just like her. "Ohhh! Sorry! I just assumed because you know so much! So much more then me at least!" She smiled, waving her tail back and forth. Still, Aspenpaw was very surprised to learn this, something about the way Daisypaw carried herself was so calm and gentle, an energy that was similar to most medicine cats she had known. Although Aspenpaw knew she should not have made such an assumption, she couldn't help but think that Daisypaw would be a wonderful meddie apprentice. Aspenpaw listened carefully to the apprentice name the herbs. "Burdock root... Catmint... aaaaannnnddd...... Poppyseeds!" She repeated to herself, perking up "Yup! I can definitely help out with that". Aspenpaw didn't really wish to reveal how she knew them at first, due to the fact it was a result of getting in trouble. Aspenpaw and another apprentice had been tussling and crashed right into the elders den, damaging it, so as punishment, she was sent out with the medicine cat to help find herbs for the next three days. 
Aspenpaw opened her maw, tasting the unfamiliar scent in the air of the Shadowclan territory. A bitter, sharp scent caught her attention and Aspenpaw smiled, "Burdock root! It must be..!" She thought to herself before turning to Daisypaw. "Follow me! I pretty sure I caught some Burdock root...!" She said confidently, waving her tail in gesture for the pretty apprentice to follow her. 
As she padded beside Daisypaw, Aspenaw was filled with questions, but she also knew she could be a bit forward sometimes, so she conscious slowed hr thought process down. "So, uh, Why are you out here collecting herbs? if you're a warriors apprentice...?" She asked Daisypaw, briefly glancing her gaze over to the molly. 

Darkclan Apprentice
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:01 pm

DAISYPAW

daisypaw let out a small mrrow of laughter when aspenpaw pointed out she knew a good bit of medicine cats stuff. well, yeah; that was the point. she wanted to learn as much as she could! she needed to help her clanmates, help other cats like aspenpaw, help rainwhisper. she wanted to be fluent in everything, if starclan allowed her to be such.

aspenpaw seemed very excited to look around for the herbs though, so daisypaw appreciated her excitement. she flicked her tail quietly behind her as she followed after the molly, who definitely did seem to have quite the nose; she knew where she was going, and said she could smell it a certain way. she hoped that the darkclan apprentice was right, and it wasn't some other random scent she picked up; like a patrol or something. she didn't want to get in trouble, and she didn't want this apprentice to get in trouble either. at least she was trying to help, if nothing else.

she bounded after aspenpaw when the molly said to follow her, and eventually caught up alongside her; and it wasn't long before the darkclan apprentice was asking questions, like why she was collecting herbs. she realized that the apprentice was right; the story didn't make sense. it probably looked like daisypaw had gotten into trouble or something, but truth be it, daisypaw would never do any such thing. "i've been helping out rainwhisper, our medicine cat," she explained, "i wanted to learn some things so i can help my clanmates, and she told me if i collected herbs she would teach me." maybe that would make more sense to the apprentice.

"well - what are you doing on your own wandering around the territory? shouldn't you be with your mentor?" maybe aspenpaw was in a similar situation to daisypaw where she had gotten approval to leave camp on her own.

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum