Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly

Go down

i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly Empty i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by priv for aspenpaw + firefly

Post by FIREFLY! on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:25 pm

FIREFLY ϟ
torw - prey hunter - male - 16 moons - tags

firefly was sitting in a tree, just on the outskirts of the tribe territory. the tom let his tail dangle from the tree, swaying back and forth in the air, and his head rest on his paws. he was just waiting, watching. for something exciting to happen. he knew that a patrol of darkclan's had to be coming by soon, and he couldn't wait to make new friends - or taunt them, whichever they led him to do. he did this quite often, he was sure the entirety of darkclan knew his name and his voice. they probably dreaded being on the border patrols that went by the tribe's border in fear they'd see the annoying tom again.

but he wasn't asked to go on a hunting patrol of his own, and he had caught some mice for the tribe earlier; so now he waited and watched. patiently for someone to come by. someone for him to bother and bug.

and almost like clockwork, he swore he heard bushes rustling, and perhaps some black and white fur. was he seeing an animal? like a rabbit or a small cow? or was that a cat, a warrior of darkclan? "hello down there!" he trilled, his straight ear perked with excitement. "who goes?" he was on his side of the border at least, but the branch he was on teetered awfully close to darkclan's border. a loyal warrior of darkclan's would surely throw a fit and bark at him to back up, which he wouldn't, and would pester he was still on his own side.

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly Empty Re: i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly

Post by WhiteRaven on Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:31 am

✦ Aspenpaw ✦

The young apprentice had ventured out into the forest on her own again. She couldn't help her curious nature at this point, being cooped up cleaning the elders den was not her favourite part of training. Aspenpaw yearned to look beyond the borders, and see everything each territory had to offer, if it wasn't for the rules in between clans, and the fact that she was still an apprentice, she would venture out even farther if she could. This time, she was lucky, and had managed to even catch a mouse all on her own! The speckled molly had bury it a few lengths back, realizing she was getting closer to the tribes cats border, and din't want to be accused of stealing. Aspenpaw had never seen a tribe cat before, sure, she had heard stories, but most of they were exaggerated. She remembered he brother used to tell her when she was a kit that all tribe cats were giants, who could jump up and bring down entire eagles! Now, Aspenpaw rolled her eyes at the thought, "As if..!" She scoffed, although she was gullible as a kit, there was no way tribe cats could- 
Her thoughts were caught off guard by an echoing voice above her, startled, she jumped back. Aspenpaw cast her emerald gaze up towards a figure perched in the tree, however she could barely make it out with the glare in light behind them. As her gaze adjusted, she saw the pelt of a white and grey tom. "Oh! a tribe cat...? In a tree...?" she thought to herself (maybe the whole eagle thing was true after all). "Uh...? Hello? Who are you? How did you get up there?" Aspenpaw asked bluntly, unfazed by the border and more amazed that a cat could climb so high. Without noticing, Aspenpaw stepped forward very close to the border, however realized she was about to step over it and bound back. 
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly Empty Re: i didn't tell anyone, but a bird flew by \ priv for aspenpaw + firefly

Post by FIREFLY! on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:22 pm

FIREFLY ϟ

oh! so it was a warrior of darkclan! he almost began trembling with excitement, knowing he was about to make a new friend - or perhaps, a new enemy - but he hoped it would be a new friend. his smile beamed down at the molly, and he could tell she was excited too! that made firefly even more excited! he puffed out his fur a bit as she began spewing out questions. he didn't even answer hers yet, but it was okay - he would ask her again, because he was also full of questions and things to bug her with. her first question was who was he and how did he get up there. he pushed himself up to a sitting position, still sitting in the tree branch with his tail dangling. he tilted his head a bit, leaning forward as if he were going to jump from the tree; but he wouldn't, he was too high up and he knew that he would probably hurt himself. he would have to climb down instead.

"hello to you too!" he trilled with excitement, letting out a little excited laugh, the young tom unable to hold it back. he almost looked like he was going to leap grandly from the tree branch. "i'm firefly that glows in the night! you can call me firefly, though! I'm surprised you don't know me - are you new to the clan?" maybe firefly was just a little full of himself, but he had always figured that the majority of darkclan knew who he was based off of his banter and loud voice and constant bugging.

"i climbed the tree!" he responded to her, tilting his head slightly, "do you not know how to climb trees? i can teach you. i thought everyone knew how." he shook out his fur a bit. he would probably come down in a little bit to get a better view of her; even if she was an apprentice though, he was probably no bigger than her. he was a little tom, sleek and slim, the reason he was a prey hunter. he was the runt of his parent's litter, easy to tell. but from his view from the tree, he was unable to tell if she was the size of a kit, the size of an apprentice, a warrior - hell, she could even be the leader and he wouldn't know.

he watched as she nearly past the border but then scampered back as she realized her mistakes. he let out another purr of laughter. "yeah, you better not cross it!" he barked at her, "i'll come down there and rip you to shreds!" that was a lie. firefly literally could care less. he crossed borders all the time. "i'm just playing around. you can come up here with me, if you really wanted. who am i gonna tell?"

⋆ AND IF ITS CRAZY, LIVE A LITTLE CRAZY! ⋆

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Aspenpaw 

Aspenpaw cocked her head, "Firefly that Glows in the Night...? That sure is a long name..." She thought to herself, before remembering that Tribe names were given very differently from typical Clan names. "I mean, not too new, I'm an apprentice! So I haven't really been to many Gatherings..." Aspenpaw trailed off, suddenly wondering if she should be telling so much to a stranger, then immediately changed her mind when Firefly caught her attention again. Aspenpaw smirked playfully, then teasingly, stretched out a paw just over the border, "Didcha' mean... liiiiiike this?" the apprentice joked, waving her tail back and forth excitedly. For an opposing Tribe, Firefly seemed rather....friendly...? Aspenpaw had expected to be met with strict demands to stay away, but rather she had received quite an opposite reaction from the tom. She listened eagerly to his offer, opening her mouth to speak before hesitating. If a patrol found her doing that, ohhhh boy, she would be in serious trouble, she was already playing with fire by even talking to a cat from another clan. However, the small voice in her mind pleaded for her to take up his offer, begging for at least an ounce of excitement for today, due to the fact the previous moon had been rather droll. "How'd ya do it? get up there I mean..?" She asked, and slowly crossed the border without a second thought, too eager and full of excitement to notice. Aspenpaw glanced her large yellow eyes up at Firefly, before focus on the thick trunk of the tree. Steadily, she wiggled her haunches, preparing to pounce up and grip the trunk with her claws. With a grunt, Aspenpaw pushed upwards, latching onto the tree.... Then quickly scrambling to regain her footing. Her efforts were futile however, and she quickly lost it, falling backwards onto her back. "Oof!" The she-cat huffed and landed with a light thud, not like she had much body weight on her to make her come crashing down. "Heh..heh, uhh, by the way, i'm Aspenpaw" She chuckled, smiling up at Firefly from the awkward position on her back. 
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIREFLY! on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 am

FIREFLY ϟ

firefly nodded whenever aspenpaw said that she was an apprentice so she hadn't been to gatherings to meet anyone yet. "ah - thats okay!"  he reminded her with a flick of his tail, "you'll get your turn eventually!"  he could tell that she was excited that she had met someone who was just as playful as herself, rather than someone who was going to bark at her for even looking at a cat from another clan. she seemed pretty fun, and someone he would definitely want to be friends with. he basically already had declared in his mind that they would most definitely be friends. "i'll have to tell stoneteller!"  he teased her in response when she pretended she was going to cross the border.

then, to firefly's surprise, she actually did cross the border. huh. he hadn't actually expected her to do it. it had kind of been..well, like a dare. to see how far she would go, how far she liked the code. but maybe she was like him, and didn't care much at all for the warrior's code. brave girl. if darkclan got a whiff of this on their next patrol..she would be dead meat, surely! and if a tribe patrol ever got this scent, they would for sure start a civil war with darkclan since they had members trespassing.

oh well.

"you just..climb."  he offered. he wasn't really sure how else to describe it. but she wasn't wasting any time, she was leaping up onto the tree. almost as soon as she was on the trunk, she was slipping and falling off. he let out a snort of amusement as he watched the now embarrassed molly tell her name. "aspenpaw,"  he repeated. "i will never understand your clan names."  he shook his head, judgmentally, but a grin still traced his face nonetheless.

the tom walked from the middle of the branch he was sitting on back to the middle of the tree, before he slowly began clawing his way back down, working diligently to make sure he wouldn't fall and break anything. he was a prey hunter after all; he was used to climbing trees to get birds and other things of the sort. "i'll show you princess,"  he offered her with a tease, a flirt perhaps - something he was vastly known for - as he hopped down beside her, now looking over her as she lay on her back on the ground. "you've got pretty eyes, don't you? couldn't see that from the whole way up there!"  he continued, the rambunctious smile still across his face as he worked his magic.

but the tom was turning back to face the tree, to show her how to climb. now that they were on the same level, she could see that he was no bigger than she was, despite the fact he was half a year older than her. "so you want to use your claws,"  he began, standing against the tree so his front two paws were on the base of the tree and his hind legs were on the ground. "and you just kind of..pull yourself up. like so,"  he continued, raising one of his front paws to haul himself onto the trunk, and then eventually he had to lift a back leg onto the tree. "your hind legs will follow, and its easy to try to find divets in the trunk sometimes to rest your paws."

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:33 pm

✦ Aspenpaw ✦

Aspenpaw's eyes widened as FireFly began to crawl down the tree, his form become easier to see. He was much smaller then she had anticipated, his build was slim and long, only slightly larger then hers. When he hopped down beside her, the scent of the Tribe-clan began rather strong, filling her senses. It wasn't necessarily a bad scent, just different, Firefly smelt of stone and fresh river, almost like a cool breeze, whereas Aspenpaw was sure she smelt of mucky water and forest. Aspenpaw blinked in surprise when he called her a 'princess' and the narrowed them, smirking slightly, "Please do... your highness" She rebutted playfully, giving a sarcastic bow before perking up again, a cheeky grin on her face. Aspenpaw enjoyed bantering, she was known well for her quick and sarcastic responses, however the second compliment caught her a bit off guard. "My eyes...? She pondered for a second, she had never thought of them as pretty, Aspenpaw had assumed her oddly speckled fur caught the attention of others the most, and not in a positive way. Not that she minded the judgement of others, she typically ignored it, she had more important things to worry about, like how to be a good warrior and help her friends and clan-mates! "Aha... Thanks..!" She chuckled a tad awkwardly then quickly followed Firefly's instruction, place her paws at the base of the trunk, then reaching up to pull herself upwards. "Like... so!" She repeated, then pulled herself upwards, placing her hind legs in the divets. It took the apprentice a moment to regain her balance, but when she did, she smiled confidently, "AHA! Alright!...... but.... Now what...?" She said,her eyes gleaming with determination. No matter what, she was going to make it to the top of this tree! She glanced over at Firefly, she knew that she reallllly shouldn't be spending time with a cat from an opposing group, but he seemed so friendly and fun! it was just the excitement Aspenpaw was yearning for today.

Darkclan apprentice
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIREFLY! on Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 pm

FIREFLY ϟ

firefly waited, watching, to see if aspenpaw would get the hang of it and if she would be able to pull herself up. climbing trees were easy! this was a skill she would have to learn eventually, but she was lucky firefly was teaching her now. she was also lucky he was a friend and not a mentor; a mentor would be much more passionate, much more perturbed about the situation. he was a few paw steps up the tree, his head tilted to look down at her to see what she was up to. and she was certainly trying; she was trying to find the divets while pulling herself up, but eventually she was on the trunk in her entirety, ready to keep going. but she didn't know how to keep going, it seemed.

"you just keep doing the same thing the entire way up!" he told her. he thought that was pretty obvious, how else would they get up other than the same way they started? "you just keep using your front paws to pull yourself up and your back legs will follow. its like your walking, but you have to use your claws and upper body strength." he flicked an ear, climbing easily a few more paw steps up before looking down at her. "and eventually, you'll get good enough that you can go really fast!" he was definitely about to show off a bit! with the last sentence he zoomed up the tree like he was chased by a dog, then hopped over to the branch he had been sitting on, looking down at aspenpaw.

"what'dya waiting for, slowpoke?" he teased. maybe he should have an apprentice! he was pretty good at this whole teaching thing. he knew that stoneteller would rather give an apprentice to a fox than give one to him, though.

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:37 am

Aspenpaw

Aspenpaw blinked up at the tom, her eyes wide she he seemed to fly up the trunk of the tree, his nimble body making it seem so easy. Aspenpaw felt her bottom leg suddenly give out as she was distracted, and she quickly scrambled to perch it back up, no way was she going to fall again! She was going to make it up this tree... whether the tree wanted her to or not! 

"Alright!" Aspenpaw said with determination, then mimics Firefly's technique, albeit a little more sloppily, but still not terrible. er claws sank into the trunk, leading with her from paws and following with her back. "One...Two.... One..Two.. One, two!" Aspenpaw thought to herself, getting more confident by the second as she picked up a regular pace. Aspenpaw had been so distracted by what she had been focusing on, she didn't even realized how close she had gotten to Firefly. "Ah!" She exclaimed, as she had become much closer to the energetic tom, then glanced down. Aspenpaw felt a thrilled of excitement course through her body, as she saw how far she was from the ground, it was exhilarating! Will a slight heave on her slim body, Aspenpaw pushed herself onto the branch, landing a little awkwardly but regaining her balance quickly. Her gaze widened once again, as she was now able to view even farther across the Darkclan territory, watching in awe as the wind rustled through the tress. "Whoahhh!" she said excitedly, smiling happily, "Its a whole different world up here!" Aspenpaw said, turning to Firefly, then reminding herself that she had to continue climbing trees for the rest of her life. "Thanks for helping Firefly...! Also, for sparing my life... I am forever grateful for your mercy" Aspenpaw teased, now feeling quite comfortable around the tom. It was strange, Aspenpaw did not feel threatened by Firefly, it had almost been like they were friend in another life... or something weird like that. "By the way... What are you doing out here...? Don't you always have to be in your camp incase they need you on patrols?"

Darkclan Apprentice
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIREFLY! on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:27 pm

FIREFLY ϟ

it took quite a while for the molly to get up the tree - well, perhaps it wasn't that long, it just seemed like forever since it took firefly only a few moments to get up the tree. he watched with a small grin traced on his face as he could tell the younger molly was putting a lot of thought and effort into making her way up and she was so focused she barely even noticed the fact that she was getting closer and closer to the branch that he had chose to sit upon. he flicked his tail to beckon her to come sit with him, and she was making her way over and then gawking at the view. "isn't it beautiful?"  he agreed, letting out a soft sigh as he looked around for himself. you could see for miles, it seemed. if they were to go even higher, he was sure the view would be even more perfect.

he glanced over at her, shaking his head lightly and bumping her with his shoulder when she said she was grateful he spared her life. "you'd better be!"  he teased back, baring his teeth and tilting his straight ear back as if he were going to attack. "i could've torn you up, if i wanted. i could push you right off this here tree!"

he couldn't keep the angry stature for long, though; he found himself laughing, shaking his head, snapping out of his little game. but then she was asking why he was out here; incase he was needed on a patrol. he didn't like this question too much. he lashed his tail, this time a bit more irritantly than happily. "i could ask you the same thing!"  he shot back, a bit of annoyance laced in his voice;  but then he remembered that he had to be nice. she was just asking a question; she didn't know it was a sore spot. she didn't know that the clan would rather send an elder on patrol than him, that he wasn't very liked among the clan because his energetic and outgoing demeanor. the same reason he let this other clan cat come across the border when he should have torn her up. he let out a sigh, glancing over at her. "sorry, i didn't mean to be rude." he apologized to her, not wanting to hurt her feelings or be known as the tom who was as snarky as a fox.

"the tribe has other cats they can use,"  he mused, trying to figure out a way to tell her they definitely didn't need him around or want him around, but also not saying it straight out so he didn't look bad. "and...oh! and i'm a prey hunter. so i don't go on border patrols; i only go on hunting patrols, but usually we just go on our own."  he had forgotten he was a prey hunter! that was a really good excuse to use! "why are you out here, 'paw?"  he asked back, "shouldn't you be training or something?"

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum