Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

Where the wild things are (INTRO)

Go down

Where the wild things are (INTRO)  Empty Where the wild things are (INTRO)

Post by Driftingskies on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Eyes of pure crystal blue would move lazily along the forms of her clanmates. Was Driftingskies hiding? For lack of a better explaination, yes. Her mother, Violetcrow, had been apparently looking for her. Wanting to hiss her ear off about something else she had done wrong, no doubt. The warrior would sigh heavily, thinking she was alone in her hiding place as she rolled onto her side.

She couldn't hide forever, Hemlockpaw would be the next to cause a scene if his mentor was a no show for training. But there was a tugging feeling in her stomach that made the pretty blue and grey she-cat hesitate. Why did her life have to be so...contorted? With another sigh, she wished that she had Rainwhispers life. What was it like...to have parents one could be proud to call 'Mom' and 'Dad'? 

Finally shaking her head of her more depressing thoughts, Driftingskies pushed herself to her paws and licked down her fur. No time like the present she supposed. 
Driftingskies
Driftingskies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where the wild things are (INTRO)  Empty Re: Where the wild things are (INTRO)

Post by BURROGRIN. on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:50 pm

"awful big sigh comin' from ya'." a gentle drawl as burro had watched the girl. issues with parents is something he was sadly well-versed in. some just didn't have what was in them to raise a kid, some were just never meant to be parents. each late night spent alone, a child begging for an ounce of attention. fruitless crying, where the only remedy was an embrace that had never came.

he knew about it, he lived it. and no matter how much he heals and nurtures himself, some scars simply cannot heal. all they can do is fade. "you doin' alright, darlin?" his chords soften, and for once, burro holds no attempt to keep himself large. just in case, perhaps secrecy is something driftingskies is looking for. but it didn't take a genius to notice the slight, well, off-ness that she had presented. burro may not have been the most intelligent, but he knew how to read people. the slight concave of a breath, the light tremor in a paw, the stiff back, such signs that could never be avoided in burro's curious eyes.

his question would come off as nothing more than a friendly greeting, but his own eyes would fail to hide the growing concerns of a fretting friend.
BURROGRIN.
BURROGRIN.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftingskies on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 am

The she-cat would evidently jump at the sudden voice. But the familiar drawl and large figure would quickly allow Drifts shoulders to relax and the gentle and warm glow in her eyes quickly chased away the fretfulness that had been there moments prior. "Burrogrin," The warrior would turn to face the tom, a humble smile brightening her features as she wrapped her tail around her paws. Her composure would falter for just a moment, caught off-guard but the light of concern in her friend's eyes. However, that would only cause her to feel more at ease as she meowed in her soft and gentle tone, "I am about as well as I can be. I apologize if that is too vague of an answer." Her paw would come up to rub the back of her head in a gesture of sheepishness as she purred lightly in laughter. "How has your day been fairing, Dear Friend?" 
Driftingskies
Driftingskies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKSTAR on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 pm

fell in love in october 

she keeps a sharp eye on her clan, lids always peeled for any sign of trouble or strife within her group. she adores them, makes certain that no one feels left out or alone. even with her regular check-ins, she still fears she'll miss something. in the case of her best friend, she worries. the woman is often quieter than usual, particularly when her mother is around. darkstar knows first hand how painful it is to be fighting with a family member. she's kept a closer eye on the woman, but something makes her feel as though she's still missing the trouble.

tufted ears angle towards the not-so-secret hiding place, and she watches as burro approaches driftingskies, a glow in her chest as she hops up and trots towards the two. thick tail whisking the air behind her, darkstar gives a soft purr as she arrives, giving her friend a nudge and shooting burro a friendly look. "hello you two!" she meows, deep voice warm with the sun. "are we avoiding our duties? count me in." with a mrow of laughter, she sits, tail curled around her paws 

Where the wild things are (INTRO)  De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
DARKSTAR
DARKSTAR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftingskies on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 pm

A soft purr would touch the leader's ears as Driftingskies moved to press against her best friend as she rolled her eyes at their statement, "Are you kidding? Hemlockpaw would skin me in my sleep if I tried to skip a training day." The she-cat would rumble in gentle laughter as she spoke of her beloved apprentice. Most of the clan thought the tom was a bit....aggressive, but he would always be the little fluff ball that she loved to torment. Tilting her head in thought, Drift would look between Darkstar and Burrogrin, "Speaking of skinning me alive, neither of you have spotted my mother today..have you?" Her paws would shuffle slightly, the only sign of her nervousness at the mention of the female warrior. 
Driftingskies
Driftingskies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 pm

DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

"i saw her near the nursery earlier talking to some queens," daisypaw's soft voice mewed to driftingskies as she came to join the circle. but as she approached, she quickly realized she regretted her decision as it was two respectable, hard working warriors and then the leader. was it wrong to say she felt her heart drop to her stomach? what if she said something dumb or they were annoyed that a stupid little apprentice was coming over to ruin their chat. maybe she wasn't supposed to answer driftingskies' question. her ears slowly fell back, looking down at her paws before glancing wearily between the three warriors, her green gaze rapidly flicking from cat to cat.

"i - um, i'm not bothering anyone, am i?" she said awkwardly, quietly. "i can..i can go, if you dont want an apprentice here. i, uh..sorry." god, that was so uncomfortable! she knew these three had to think she was weird or a nuisance. she lowered her head a bit. "i would love to go hunting with you three," she suddenly spoke out, thinking maybe offering something productive would make them think she was okay. but almost as soon as she said it, she realized that darkstar had just said she would fancy skipping out on productivity for the day. and here she was, asking them to go be productive with her. oh, bother!

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BURROGRIN. on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 am

vague answers are better than no answers, burro supposed. in the end, it boiled down to his partner's comfort, he won't push when it is not needed. "fairin' just fine, a lovely mornin' can lift any spirit." a murmur of exhaled wonder, recollecting the faint memory of this day's morning sun. perhaps he was rather simple, but by gods, was it enough to heal any broken sorrow.

the large man tips his head in greeting of darkstar, a silent greeting as the two get to chatting. best friends, and he wished he could muse over his own. "avoidin' her, darlin'? i could always hide ya' if ya' need." it was the introduction of a shuffle here, a twitch there. he supposed he could finally put his frame to use, and he was always told that he could block the sun on dying days. that...was supposed to be a compliment, right?

a smaller dame appears, high-backed and skittish. "naw, you're just fine." poor girl, though he supposed those skittering cats were just always in their heads. overthinking, over-observing, picking apart every interaction...well that would be just enough to drive any cat mad. if driftingskies was looking for an escape, then daisypaw had just offered a perfect opportunity. and burro was no fool to skip out on opportunities.
BURROGRIN.
BURROGRIN.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum