Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep

Go down

missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep Empty missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep

Post by tyebean on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:48 pm

The young tom sat sentinel in a field that stretched out for as far as he could see. A tiny auburn smudge dappled in moonlight in a sea of golden swaying fronds and a single tree who's branched tangled amongst themselves in the wind.  His golden eyes grew heavier and heavier as a chilly breeze swept over tail-lengths and tail-lengths of dried grass and tiny white flowers. The distant sound of monsters flying by one after another was there, though Missingpaw knew he was in no danger. 

Here he could sleep, not in that den made for Shadowclan apprentices. It was as though he were a loner again, sleeping out under the stars. 

The choice to join Shadowclan felt almost as though it were not his. Tired paws had stumbled across their borders one night, hopelessly looking to return home to the carrionplace. When he was found, challenged by their patrolling warriors, Missingpaw felt as if he had no choice but to surrender. It wasn't all bad. He was no prisoner. He worked, trained, and in return, he got a place to sleep and food to eat. Missingpaw knew now that he'd survive the winter, but he wasn't sure he'd survive the uncomfortable feeling in his chest whenever he was expected to speak to someone. 

When the boy woke to a sharp jab to the shoulder and someone calling his name. His eyes remained screwed shut, though he managed to groan and roll over. "Ugh, what's the matter? What do you need?"  

tyebean
tyebean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep Empty Re: missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep

Post by ghost on Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:26 pm

TANSYPAW
shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

Her jackrabbit heart is in her throat and, as Missingpaw rolls over, Tansypaw takes a few startled steps backwards. Her ears remain pinned to her neck, and her tail flicks with uncertainty. This was the wrong choice, wasn't it? To wake him? “I just thought- I was just...” She stammers. Finding her footing, Tansypaw stands a little straighter. Her ears perk, not naturally, but by her own choice. “What are you doing out here? I'd seen you laying from afar and thought you'd gone off and died.

She takes a quick glance around the field, eyeing the tree with a palpable mistrust, “You stand out. Like a red berry against green leaves. What if an owl lives in that tree and decides to eat you? You'd certainly be easier to spot than some- some mouse. More filling too.” Thoughts said, Tansypaw sits down carefully beside Missingpaw, her tail wrapped around her paws to hide the jitters that seem to take it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep Empty Re: missing: little lily of the valley [intro] sleep

Post by tyebean on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 am

As his tired eyes focused on Tansypaw, Missingpaw let out a sigh of relief. He was just glad he hadn't groggily lashed out at a warrior, or worse, the one in charge of the entire marshy operation. Though, he still felt a bit guilty. Missingpaw surely wouldn't have liked it if someone had caused him to stutter and be all uncomfortable like Tansypaw was being.  "I'd be lucky if I had come here to off and die." His murmur quietly escaped through pursed chops as the scruffy apprentice pushed his head up, only to let it flop back down into the dust. He was displeased to see that the sun had shifted ever so slightly in the sky, causing the perfect little shadow cast by the branches to crawl away from him in his slumber.

Eyes of chipped amber flinched away from the sun and darted away to a place where there was less of it, on Tansypaw. He wished that he could match her energy level. "I was tracking a frog, but I guess I got so bored of it that I laid down to take a nap? Perhaps I should go back to sleep... If that owl that you're talking about comes out to get me, we can take it down together and have it for supper." The boy chuckled at this. The thought was humorous, though unlikely. 

Summoning all of his energy like a commander calling his armada to war, Missingpaw pushed himself to his paws. His head hung low, tired. "Do you think the clan will be cross with me if I fail to bring something home to eat?" His mind jumped to the worst of conclusions, and they did so very quickly. 

shadowclan | male | 10 moons | apprentice |

Prickle from Holly Bush (male) The Lowkey (ToRW)
Onyxtail (female) That Bitch (dark)
Ivorycloud - (female) The Wise (thunder)
Coconutpaw (female) The Sweetest (river)
Missingpaw -(male) The Depressive (shadow)
Bluebell - (nb) The Socialite (sky)

DM or Discord to make friends, 
talk about art trades, plot, play a game or just to bump! @tyebean#0792 

tyebean
tyebean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:51 pm

TANSYPAW

He would be lucky to have died? “Don't speak like that. It's morbid,” Tansypaw warns, even if there is a sentiment to it that she can understand. Always the chaser of something greater, grander, never content with what is hers. There is an inelegance to life. Moments when one finds themselves ugly, abrasive, annoying. To be dead, forever crystalized in a single moment, unworried...

There has to be a kind of beauty in the permanence of it. Otherwise, what would life be but stumbling from ugly moment to ugly moment? It is the one thing that everyone is destined for. There has to be a kind of beauty in death, because for all the ways Tansypaw falls short, she has to believe she can achieve a beauty as everlasting as one's bones. Someday, even those will crumble to dust and rejoin the land. This too, must be beautiful.

Your problem was that you were tracking a frog,” She responds to Missingpaw distractedly. Thoughts elsewhere, she drags them back to the present apprentice. “It's a frog. There are bound to be countless that live here... Tracking the same one as is travels about is pointless. In a moon or so, you can just dig them out of the mud while they hibri- hi-" Tansypaw's nose scrunches, “When they go to sleep for leafbare.

His next question startles Tansypaw just as much as his initial movement had. “They ought to be,” She huffs without any real malice. They should, but they wont. Just as when she fails to bring anything home. “If you're worried about it, lets find something to hunt. The owl idea might just work.” Although, Tansypaw's owl was a hypothetical one. She wasn't certain if one did actually live in that tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scar. on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:49 pm

TANGYPAW

SHADOWCLAN / APPRENTICE / BEAUTY QUEEN

she is tired. she is so very tired. between training with the stars, and her father, she can't catch a break. she did however, catch a small little vole. it wasn't much. maybe enough to feed a single elder or perhaps a newly weaned kitten, but it was something. something that missingpaw could turn in. she had no intentions of returning back to camp tonight, even if she wouldn't admit that to anyone, especially to tansy. placing down the vermin, tangypaw pushed it closer to missing, gently nudging tansypaw, before stepping back. "here. if you're so worried about them getting on your tail, take that." she turns her head away, not wanting to hear his protests, her green gaze following a falling leaf. he is a morid fellow. he speaks of death so fluidly, and she wishes she could say she hadn't. maybe that was a story for another time. maybe missingpaw just needed a friend. she didn't know. her father barely let her be friends with tansypaw, and owlpaw, so how she was to let missingpaw into her life... she had to find a way. she had to admit it, she quite liked the tom. he was interesting. 
scar.
scar.
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tyebean on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 pm

At Tansypaw's reprimand, Missingpaw chews his lip. His words were honest, true. A clear reflection of his mind at any given moment. He didn't like to fib about these things. He'd never tell a cat that he wished to live when he truly did not. Though, maybe there was something to take away from Tansypaw's wishes.  "I'll consider it. Might take some change of mindset first, though." The boy flashes his best charming smile, just to transition himself from one uncomfortable flutter of the heart to the next. He knew there was nothing to fear here in Tansypaw's company, though a tense feeling in his hackles tightened as he heard movement just out of eye shot. 

The very back of Missingpaw's mind did it's best to whirl around the very helpful information about frogs as Tangypaw appeared. It was too much to process. This other she-cat- one that she had seen before in the apprentice's den, comes seemingly as a savior. The girl tosses a vole at his paws, and the young boy feels a wave of guilt was over him. 

Yes, he'd take the vole. He did not earn it, nor did Missingpaw even wield the skills to earn one of his own yet. It felt dirty, but he obviously wasn't in a position to refuse, judging by Tangypaw's body language. "Thanks... But you are going to have to let me make it up to you. Both of you, really. This is probably a pretty shameful act, right?" 

Taking a moment to think, Missingpaw considers what he could possibly do in return. He wasn't a good hunter yet, there would be no catching food for them as a favor...

"I could teach you a few fighting moves? They're not something you'd learn from a Shadowclan warrior. They're fighting the moves of the loners in the carrion place. Kind of special, right? The moves are a bit modified, though."   Honestly, Missingpaw expected to be politely rejected. Why would Tanfy and Tansy want to learn fighting moves from a fleabitten, three-legged loner tri-pod like him?

shadowclan | male | 10 moons | apprentice |

Prickle from Holly Bush (male) The Lowkey (ToRW)
Onyxtail (female) That Bitch (dark)
Ivorycloud - (female) The Wise (thunder)
Coconutpaw (female) The Sweetest (river)
Missingpaw -(male) The Depressive (shadow)
Bluebell - (nb) The Socialite (sky)

DM or Discord to make friends, 
talk about art trades, plot, play a game or just to bump! @tyebean#0792 

tyebean
tyebean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:46 pm

DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

"i would be interested in seeing your battle moves," a new voice said softly as daisypaw came up to join the trio, her ear flicking nervously as she wondered if the other apprentices would get annoyed with her eavesdropping and making her way into the circle or if they'd accept the extra company. she was a medicine cat apprentice after all so it wasn't really like she needed to know any battle moves, but she figured it may be kind of interesting to see what missingpaw had to offer! plus, it would probably make him feel good if he knew three mollies were ready to watch him teach. the chubby calico sat down and wrapped her fluffy tail around her paws, tilting her head.

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

tyebean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:56 pm

TANSYPAW

There will always be a part of Tansypaw that wants to shout to anyone who would listen about the extra training she receives at night, chosen. She wants to scoff and tell Missingpaw that she doesn't need to be shown anything, but it's a secret. And the whole reason she does have the extra training is because she wasn't progressing well enough on her own. Tansypaw shouldn't be proud of it.

Her heart beats a little faster at the mention of being shown fighting moves. A memory of blood, it's scent in her mouth. “As would I,” Tansypaw says after Daisypaw speaks, offering the other she-cat a small nod.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum