Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

CoconutBee | Hunting

tyebean
    tyebean

CoconutBee | Hunting Empty CoconutBee | Hunting

Post by tyebean Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:21 pm

Coconutpaw felt strange electricity in her pelt when she padded out of camp towards the river flanked by her mentor and Beepaw. Beepaw's mentor flanked Coconutpaw's, and together they'd go off to hunt, silently being assessed by their elders to later receive tips and tricks on how to do better. 

Trotting a bit ahead of their npc mentors, Coconutpaw turned, walking backward as she faced Beepaw, her long, feathery tail swishing behind her. "I know this is going to be nothing like our warrior assessment, but when Whiskerbite said she's going to assess my hunting skills with your mentor, I got a little nervous! I hope I don't do too poorly! At least they seem to be giving us our space to hunt as we please."  Her pale green eyes drift off towards the pair of warriors padding slowly behind them. Judging by the fact that she couldn't hear their chatter, she assumed that they couldn't hear theirs, either. "Maybe we can work together to pull off something impressive." There Coconutpaw goes again, a little ramble exposing exactly what she thought and felt. The bicolor oriental gave Beepaw an inquisitive look, noting that he didn't seem to do the same very often. "How do you feel? Hoping to catch a big fish? Or maybe a water vole?"

thunderclan | female | 7 moons | apprentice | tags

@scar.
    scar.
    scar.
    Admin

CoconutBee | Hunting Empty Re: CoconutBee | Hunting

Post by scar. Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:23 am

BEEPAW

RIVERCLAN / APPRENTICE / EASILY FRIGHTENED

she was so excited and he didn't quite understand that. this was terrifying to him. this was... he meant, this npc was just someone filling in for dogstar, who was his real mentor. he didn't ever want to disappoint them, but they scared him enough that he did fairly good... at least when it came to hunting. it was something that calmed him, but only when he could do it without the weight of it being an assessment which this was! oh, he could feel this going downhill so fast. his mind was racing with all the things that could just go wrong and boy if you asked him, there were many things. some were irrational like an eagle swooping down and mistaking him for a fish and eating him instead, but that was just how his brain worked. "w-worried." he admitted, turning his gaze to her. "wh-what if i screw up? or what if.. what if a fox hunts us because we smell like f-fish.. or if an eagle decided to take me away! i d-don't wanna be taken away coconutpaw! i pr-probably don't even taste good! I probably just taste like dread, anxiety, and fear! oh, stars thats probably exactly what predators like to eat!" he exclaimed, panting heavily, as he shook his head. yeah. this was the mind of beepaw.
    tyebean
    tyebean

Post by tyebean Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:41 am

Coconutpaw liked to think that she understood some of Beepaw's worry. Well, she understood the more sensible parts of his worry. Being picked up by a large bird during their hunt seemed unlikely, something that she hadn't given much thought. These poking questions gave the young apprentice a new perspective to think about.  "Well..." She mused, slowing to a stop as her paws met the sandy bank that bordered the waters' edge. "If we do poorly in the hunt, then we'll get the opportunity to try again. Don't get me wrong, it might suck, yunno? Extra training, more assessments, all of that. Though, if a bird swoops in and tries to mess with us, don't worry, I've got your back. We'll take it down together and we'll impress the whole clan." She shot Beepaw a smile, offering him a comforting tail-tip to shoulder touch before crouching down by the water, her eyes on the lookout for fish. 

The bicolor oriental's white paws dangled over the surface of the water for a heart-beat before shooting in, scooping out a tiny minnow before fumbling on her catch. With wide green eyes, Coconutpaw watched in dismay as her catch got away. "Dang. I might have scared the fish away from this area... I'm sorry! We should move upstream." 

thunderclan | female | 7 moons | apprentice | tags

Prickle from Holly Bush (male) The Lowkey (ToRW)
    Onyxtail (female) That Bitch (dark)
    Ivorycloud - (female) The Wise (thunder)
    Coconutpaw (female) The Sweetest (river)
    Missingpaw -(male) The Depressive (shadow)
    Bluebell - (nb) The Socialite (sky)

DM or Discord to make friends, 
    talk about art trades, plot, play a game or just to bump! @tyebean#0792 

scar.
    scar.
    Admin

Post by scar. Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:32 am

BEEPAW

RIVERCLAN / APPRENTICE / EASILY FRIGHTENED

this was uncanny! how was she just so calm, and relaxed about all this! there was so many things that could have went wrong at any moment, and she just shrugged and pretty much said "if we fail we try again." that wasn't how this worked! what if something happened and he died?! he couldn't have a second chance a life, so why would he get a second chance at this? he clenched his eyes shut for a moment, rubbing the top of his skull with his paw. he had to calm down. he needed a moment. taking a few shaky breaths, the tom turned to the she cat, tilting his head and watching her miss the catch. she was so much better than him on so many accounts... he knew he was gonna screw this up. he simply nodded at her suggestion, flinching at her touch. it wasn't her fault, he just preferred not to be touched at all, even if he wouldn't say it. he moved to crouch at the edge of the water, making sure his shadow wasn't over casting. his body had stopped trembling, and his breath was still and steady. he was focused. his claws slowly extended, and quite a swift movement he moved into the water, momentarily ducking under as he wrangled with scaled prey, gasping for air as he tossed the catch on the shore, shivering as he flicked water off his pelt. he watched the fish, disinterest glossing over his gaze just for a moment before he blinked a few times, his tail tip flicking anxiously behind him. "i don't think thats good enough. dogstar always says it has to be enough to feed everyone but is it?" he didn't have to worry about himself. he wasn't gonna eat it. but everyone rlse.. they had to make sure they could eat.
    tyebean
    tyebean

Post by tyebean Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:01 am

Watching with awe, Coconutpaw gasped as Beepaw scooped the fish out of the water with ease. It seemed so natural for him... He just got into the zone. "That was amazing! Great job." Smiling at the catch, Coconutpaw slowly crept over to a shad, rocky spot a few tail-lengths away. It seemed as if this was where all of the fish she had scared away had gone. "Well, we still have a bit more time to catch food for the whole clan." She murmured, eyes focusing in on a single fish swimming in large circles. How had Beepaw done it? Relaxing her body, the molly took a deep breath, trying to tone down all of her energy, at least for a moment. That was her downfall, really. She had been all too excited to go hunting today. If Coconutpaw had any chance of catching anything at all today, she'd need to calm down- to focus. Shooting a paw into the water, Coconutpaw fumbled, yet managed to pull a fish out of the water. Pushing her muzzle forward, the lanky oriental sank her teeth into the fish, killing it swiftly. 

thunderclan | female | 7 moons | apprentice |

Prickle from Holly Bush (male) The Lowkey (ToRW)
    Onyxtail (female) That Bitch (dark)
    Ivorycloud - (female) The Wise (thunder)
    Coconutpaw (female) The Sweetest (river)
    Missingpaw -(male) The Depressive (shadow)
    Bluebell - (nb) The Socialite (sky)

DM or Discord to make friends, 
    talk about art trades, plot, play a game or just to bump! @tyebean#0792 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:22 am