Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

NORTHERN STAR [ burro ]

DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

NORTHERN STAR [ burro ] Empty NORTHERN STAR [ burro ]

Post by DARKSTAR Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:37 pm

fell in love in october 

against an ivory afternoon, winter trees shiver, naked branches adorned with puffs of snow. gnarled clusters of twigs seem to stretch across an open expanse clawing at soft flakes as they fall gently from the heavens. the forest is quiet but for a gentle rustling as the clan goes about its business. she moves with swift determination, long fur fluffed up to protect from the biting chill. the transition from toasty warmth of a den into the cold outdoors stings her eyes. the brightness blinds her and she pauses for a moment. the air smells of crisp winter, shoulders shaking flakes from her fur as she strides the length of camp. her companions are all busy, hurrying too-and-fro about the camp, preparing it for the heavier snowfalls. the tigress watches for a moment, a satisfied smile upon her maw before she awakens from her stupor.

the scent of fresh blood prickles her stomach as she steps out of the way of a hunting patrol. interest sparks in the eyes of molten gold, and darkstar decides. with a soft bounce of her paws, the huge tabby trots towards the warriors' den, seeking the one she so often enjoys the company of. "burro, are you in here?" she spots him at once, curled in the back of the den, his flank steadily rising with breath, although his eyes are open. her heart flutters with recognition as she pushes her way into the quiet sanctuary.
    "it's perfect for hunting out there. are you up for a two cat patrol?" 

NORTHERN STAR [ burro ] De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
    BURROGRIN.
    BURROGRIN.

NORTHERN STAR [ burro ] Empty Re: NORTHERN STAR [ burro ]

Post by BURROGRIN. Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:31 am

it was never rare to find burro in a state of relaxation. if he had not been working, then the warmth of a nest was sure to draw him in. these days grew colder with each passing sun, his fur desperate in its attempt to keep in as much warmth as it could. like firewood, he would laugh, scorching to the touch and yet, its own warmth left it cold.

despite his open eyes, burro had might as well been blind. in the gentle hold of relaxation, where his own sight evaded him in the pursuit of its own rest. too lost in his mind to see much of anything. yet, the call of his name, a meadowlark singing its tune, and he is pulled straight out of his reserve. a light grin encompasses his features, peering at the caller.

"ah, couldn't get enough a' me the first time, heh?" his voice tilts with a tease, watching the leader approach him. now, he'd be a liar if he were to say that a feeling if pride would never swell in his chest at being the subject of her pursuit. burro wasn't that great of a liar in the first place. but could one blame him? its the security of being wanted, even if minimally. burro found it was better to be wanted even in the most simplest of ways, even if cardinally was a heavy desire.

he draws himself towards her, closing the area between them with ease. a capable leader seeking out a desolate man, he wasn't sure, but perhaps this was like a story he had heard before. many tales slip through the wooden gates of his ranch, it got hard to keep track. "y'know i live to serve, darkstar." he confirms with a light purr in his tone, abandoning his previous state of calm. he hadn't spent all those moons as a mouser for nothing, and no change in life will keep him from his bred purpose. 
    DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:20 pm

fell in love in october 

she offers a rumble of a purr as he approaches, tone warm, a grin lazily spreading across his face. "of course not," she teases back, nudging him with her hip. "i just can't help myself." whiskers twitching, she feels a warmth in her chest. this sort of banter lightens her heart, makes her feel as if maybe this clan is her family, even if her real kin won't speak to her. "shall we, then?" with the assurance that the man will follow, she ducks out of the den, tail swishing behind her. long strides bring her to the camp exit and she ducks out, falling into step next to the man. "where to?" she'll ask him, golden eyes meeting his own. "have you had the official shadowclan tour? 'cause i like to think i'm pretty good at it." she wiggles her eyebrows with a smile.

// ahh this is so short im v sorry <3

BURROGRIN.
    BURROGRIN.

Post by BURROGRIN. Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:48 pm

he is dutiful in his pursuit, keeping to the femme's side as best as he could. a warm body to shield her from peering eyes, perhaps an subconscious decision that had played too often in his actions. he was used to using his size to an advantage, sheltering kits up past their bed times from the telling peers. the small scurrying of chicks as they kept plastered to his side, and him delivering them to fretting hens. it hadn't particularly mattered that darkstar was capable and didn't need to be treated as the delicate youth he had worked with, it simply came as his nature now.

"i'm afraid those pleasantries skipped me." throwing his head back to emphasize his complaint, though he kept it obvious that he was simply playing. burro had kept himself camp-bound for a bit, only following others at their beck and call. "only think? i betcha know this place like tha' back of your paw, huh?" his shoulder meets hers in a gentle touch, and burro is careful to keep her in his sights. one's own nature will always prevail, no matter their environment. he liked to believe that. even if only for his own piece of mind.

"ya' give tours a lot?" a harmless question, but the curiosity had stemmed deeper. clans weren't too popular in burro's neck of the woods, they didn't wander close for him to truly see. his short experience in them had led him to find out that the majority were clan through and through. bred and born to serve. even in the slight passing had there been a stark difference between a barn cat and a clan cat. burro was no scholar, but it was interesting to note. another simple wonder in the world. 
    DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:53 pm

midnights in october 

he keeps up well, shoulder to shoulder with her, and she feels a spark of content. what is more natural than a patrol with a clanmate? they pad through the snow puffed forest and she lets a purr rumble from her throat. "tragic. shadowclan's territory is the best out of all the clans as far as i'm concerned," she twitches her whiskers. "i guess i am pretty good, although a leader must be modest. don't want the apprentices thinking i'm better than them at something." the kids would probably start a fight about who was the best. it would be time consuming and hilarious. "anyway, i must treat you to the tour- oh!" she laughs as he bumps her gently. strange that her heart begins to beat faster- probably something to do with the happiness she's feeling at having a friend. that must be it. she grins at him.

"i don't give them to outsiders very often, nah," she pauses to direct them further into the forest, towards a tall pine that arches into the sky. "but when a kitten becomes an apprentice they always need a tour of the territory. i'm always happy to give them." with a soft purr, she skips ahead for a moment before turning to face him. behind her the pine looms, snow dusted and breaking the monotony of the pale sky with soft green needles. "this is the great pine. not a very creative name, but it works for us." with a grin, she bounds back, nudging him. "squirrels and mice like to bury stuff near the roots, so it's great for hunting."

BURROGRIN.
    BURROGRIN.

Post by BURROGRIN. Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:42 pm

laughter is ripped from burro's throat, a purr hidden within the deafening barks."an' ya' sure ya' ain't just biased?" a tease, digging his shoulder into hers slightly at his words. he was sure that every leader would say the same about what they had ruled over. even if it was a simple patch of dirt. "though-" he pauses his words, a lazy grin spread wide. like butter on toast. "they only got ya' in this place. so, maybe you're right. best view i've seen in a while." and he's seen the gentle morning light shining through barn doors. that used to be his favorite sight.

"ya' like kits, right?" a simple recall to the incident with tansy, the cool and level-headed leader mothering over what is not hers. though, he can't criticize. although his approach was slightly different, he had still had the same intentions. along with finding that bastard.

his paws are careful to keep in line with his leader's, catering his attention to center fully on her. burro had ended up watching others in his conversations. the gentle tug of a lip, a faint glimmer in their eye. even the way their breath hitched and broke in certain topics. he wanted as much information about others, knowing them as much as they will allow him. darkstar was not exempt from his observations.

her voice breaks through, burro tuning in once more. a simple explanation of their first land mark, and his eyes trail up the looming tree. wide, exuding its pride and wisdom. "sure is a great tree." a confirmation on the pine's worthiness of the title. a tilt of his head is offered at her latest fact, eyeing the roots. "feelin' peckish?"
    DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:47 pm

midnights in october 

his voice is velvety, soft and low, and she feels a shiver down her spine as he gazes at her. "of course, it is my territory," she agrees with him. "i'm bound to be a little biased." with a twitch of her whiskers, she tries to let the gentle flirting bounce off of her. it's hard- no one has ever really taken notice of her before, and if the tom wants to complement her like this, she'll let him. "please, you're one to talk." with a grin and a twinkle in her eye, she glances up at the tree. "i love kits, always have. they're the innocent, ya know? the future." he's thinking of tangy, of the blood in the snow and the bruises creeping like frost upon the young one's skin. eyes of honey mist over with memory and she feels her paws grow cold. "don't want anyone in my clan to go through what i did." tufted ears flatten, heart fluttering as she realizes perhaps she's shared too much. "if tangypaw's father did that, i don't know what i'll do. it's my job to be a leader- how can i lead if i can't find an abuser within my own clan?" a scoff, she shakes her fur out as if to forget the subject of the conversation.

the great pine looms with comforting certainty ahead, and her companion stiffens, scenting the air. excitement shoots through her- he is after all from a different place with a different method of hunting. she can learn a lot from him, and he her. "always," she laughs, blinking. "go on, why don't you show off your skill, farmboy." 

BURROGRIN.
    BURROGRIN.

Post by BURROGRIN. Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:43 am

burro offers his acknowledgment in gentle hums, an attentive gaze switching from flora to his companion. of course, burro believed it was simply in their nature to be biased. cats like them, with such pride in their home. the way it swelt in a chest, pouring out over words they can't stop. burro could talk about the dirt from his farm for hours, it was just that others knew better than to ask a man so devoted. they knew he wouldn't shut his trap about it.

but the topic of kits brings a heavy air, one that burro doesn't miss. and his attention is kept solely to his leader. the twitch in a brow, the downturn of a lip. nothing escapes those watchful eyes, and his concern for the molly grows in the mere seconds she spoke. he understood bad home life. that not everyone was meant to be a family. some cats weren't meant to be a parent, others weren't meant to be their child. it took his youth to realize that. "if," this could be overstepping boundaries, he's sure. he would never hold it against the other if she hadn't wished to delve. there was a bridge between them, leader to warrior. an air of professionalism that burro had never quite cared for until now. "ya' ever want to talk about it. i'm right here. ya' know that, right?" beau had never opened up to burro despite their moons of friendship, and that had hurt. but burro understood, only nudging the subject. if darkstar had wanted that vulnerability, he'll protect it.

"if ya' turn your back for a few, i'll sort it all out." his words are hushed and gentle, even if his intent isn't. darkstar doesn't seem like the type to want to deal with heavy confrontation. burro didn't favor it, but he knows how to work with it. he's made for this. if he can sniff a mouse out of a field, he can find a snake in the tall grass.

slowly, the air clears of that stuffy feeling. heavy emotions, undelved pasts that may want to remain hidden. he meant his words, he can only hope that she had known that. "watch and learn, clan cat. the master is at work." he'll have to ignore darkstar for this, but he was used to an audience. large bovine watching him carefully, anxious for him to get their intruder out. a nervous whiny, aggravated clucks from mother hens at the prospect of rats. their demands had shaped him, each crouch carefully planned. each step swift and precise, each bite to deliver a killing blow.

burro always worked quick to calm down his flock, but now he worked for different reasons. getting his leader something good to calm her stomach.

DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:37 am

midnights in october 

his gaze sinks deep into her own, calming crystalline depths watching attentively as she speaks, and, not for the first time, she wonders if perhaps here is a soul who matches her own. the dark air of their conversation does not go unnoticed by the queen, and she flexes her front claws instinctively, aware of the vulnerability in this situation. his voice, velvet upon the whistling air, reaches her ears as though muffled, breaking through the fog that has settled there since her statement. she brings up her past like everyone knows it, but hearing his words now, she realizes here is a friend who knows not of her secrets, nor her family life. strange how such big messes can seem like specks of dust to another's eyes. "thank you," she clears her throat, lifts her tail as if brushing the darkness away from their tones. "it's nice to know someone wants to listen. i'll... keep you in mind." because she wants to know everything about his past too, wants to know what haunts him when the sun fades into night, what noises remind him of home, what names lay lost in the dust at the back of his tongue.

the offer he makes next should surprise her, but darkstar knows him well enough by now to know that he's one of protective fire. he'd make a good father, she thinks. "i can't let you do that," she knows that he knows this, but she says it anyway, because a good leader makes things clear, and she has to be a good leader. "it's my job, and i'll figure it out. i wish i could let you loose. if that man really treats tangy that way, i dunno..." again her tone sinks into the dark, but friendly banter brings it back up, and the dusky feeling of moments before is replaced with laughter as she sits back to observe his form, catching herself admiring how his tail slides gently over the snow, muscles rippling in his legs as he pulls himself into a crouch. "good luck farm boy."

DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:50 pm

tiny boop <3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content