Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries

ghost
    ghost

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries  Empty in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries

Post by ghost Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:49 am

TANSYPAW
    shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

The pale sky feels endless. Featureless, made up of unbroken clouds that bleed into one another, seamless. Tansypaw's head is tilted upwards as she admires it, unable to find even a point where the sun hides. In her distraction, she stumbles into an elder, who doesn't acknowledge her beyond giving her a chastising glare. Tansypaw's meeting chagrin only lasts a short time- interrupted by the fall of a something onto her nose.

Tansypaw takes a backwards step, eyes crossed and whiskers twitching in an effort to see the offending object. When she runs her paw over her face, the object vanishes into wetness, undiscovered. Strange. Tansypaw returns her attention to the sky once more, just in time to witness another of the whatevers fall, this time landing not any more than two tail-lengths away from her. Tansypaw pounces at the spot she had seen it fall, put when she peeks under her paws, she finds nothing more than another wet spot.

Excuse me,” Tansypaw tries, calling out to a nearby warrior who twitches his ear in her direction, but returns to his conversation as if she hadn't spoken. Well, that wouldn't do. She needs to speak up. That's what Tansypaw has been trying to learn lately, how to speak up.

Excuse me!” Tansypaw tries again, this time directing her attention away from the haughty warrior, “What is this exactly?

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries  Empty Re: in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries

Post by tyebean Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:12 am

Sauntering into camp with an uneven stride, Missingpaw pads over to the prey pile, depositing a sloppily killed bird in return for a rubbery, grey toad. Yes, his catch was unexceptional today, but he had caught it on his own, something that he couldn't say for himself in the past. It felt nice to finally catch his own food and fight his own fights. 

The boy takes a moment to consider his shortcomings for a few heartbeats before his mind is distracted by Tansypaw making a ruckus. He quite likes these distractions, they were good for him. Bringing his toad along with him, the boy joins the pretty she-cat, examining the wet spot beneath her paws before sitting down to dig into his meal.  "What do you suppose it is?" Missingpaw knows full well what snow is. He was born into a cold patch of it in the carrion place as a kit. Though, he figures he'd tap into the inner workings of his friend's mind before going into a discussion about it. 

shadowclan | male | 10 moons | apprentice | tags 

Prickle from Holly Bush (male) The Lowkey (ToRW)
    Onyxtail (female) That Bitch (dark)
    Ivorycloud - (female) The Wise (thunder)
    Coconutpaw (female) The Sweetest (river)
    Missingpaw -(male) The Depressive (shadow)
    Bluebell - (nb) The Socialite (sky)

DM or Discord to make friends, 
    talk about art trades, plot, play a game or just to bump! @tyebean#0792 

daisypaw <<
    daisypaw <<

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries  Empty Re: in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries

Post by daisypaw << Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:41 pm

DAISYPAW
    shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

unlike missingpaw, daisypaw wasn't going to wait for tansypaw to announce what she thought it was. she felt obliged to answer her friend's - was she her friend? or just an acquaintance?- question. "its a snowflake, tansypaw!" she purred, flicking her tail behind her. similar to missingpaw, she had been born during the winter months and had experienced a snowfall before. she thought snow was quite pretty, although it was cold. good thing she had the extra blubber and the fur to keep herself warm! "it comes during leaf bare. instead of rain, it snows."

now you've hit a wall,
    and its not your fault
    my dear
    ghost
    ghost

Post by ghost Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:00 pm

TANSYPAW
    shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

As Missingpaw makes his approach, another falls, to which Tansypaw tries once more to catch. This attempt, unsuccessful as the first, leaves her with a lashing tail. “They don't stay long enough for me to see!” She snaps, then, seeing as it's just Missingpaw, deflates, “Sorry, it's just- how are they doing that?” A strange bug was Tansypaw's initial theory, but Tansypaw had yet to meet a bug that dissolved into water. Most of them needed to be squished for such a thing to happen and, even then, it wasn't the same thing.

It is Daisypaw that comes to her aid, answering what Missingpaw will not. “I know what snow is,” Tansypaw replies defensively, “I just have never seen it before.” Tansypaw had been born during Newleaf. Both Daisypaw and Missingpaw were older than Tansypaw, would remember the precious few moons before her birth. Speaking of, “Hey! Missingpaw, you would know what it is!

She stands then, “I'm taking your fresh-kill for trying to make a fool of me!” Tansypaw announces, and it's the only warning she gives before aiming to pounce on Missingpaw, attempting to pin him.

Post by DARKSTAR Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:24 pm

midnights in october 

it's with amusement glittering in her eyes that the goddess exits her den, watching the apprentices interact. tansypaw, her feisty apprentice, uncertain about the flurries of snow now dusting gently down. it sometimes amazes her that these children have not experienced everything she has. they have so much to learn and yet are so knowledgable for their age. as she watches, her apprentice is joined by two of her friends, and she seems to understand what the weather is doing.
    attacking another clanmate is strictly forbidden in the warrior code, but darkstar doesn't worry about her apprentices. it's all playful, even if tansypaw shouts angrily. oh to be young again, carefree. with a soft yawn and a smile, shadowclan's leader pads over to the grouping of young ones, greeting them all with a dip of her head. "what's going on over here? strong reactions to the snow i see. tansypaw, don't hurt him." she gives the dappled girl a smile. "play fair you two." with a chuckle, she settles beside daisypaw, rolling her eyes. 

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries  De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
    Driftingskies
    Driftingskies

Post by Driftingskies Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Had she ever played like that? Drift honestly could only remember bits and pieces of happiness from her kittenhood, and most of them included Darkstar. The blue she-cat would smile softly as she watched the apprentices talk and play, wishing not for the first time that she had such a calm apprenticeship. The sound of pawsteps grabbed her attention and she spotted her leader making her way towards Tansypaw and the others. Taking this as a cue, Driftingskies also got to her paws and trotted over to the group. "Play fighting builds character, Darkstar." She would shoot a playful smirk to her friend as she settled beside her, "Remember all the times I used to beat you at wrestling matches?" 
    hanakosong
    hanakosong

Post by hanakosong Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:15 am

Head emerging from the confines of the medicine den, Icepaw appeared just in time for a snowflake to land on her nose. Making a noise of surprise when it dissolved into a chilly wet spot in her fur, the medicine cat apprentice blinked around at the falling flurries, ears perked. Spotting Tansypaw among a group of apprentices and Darkstar, she made her quick way over. Icepaw very vaguely remembered snow being mentioned from her kithood, but had never seen it until now.
    "It's so cold!" Icepaw piped up as she came to halt beside the leader. "Will it only fall? My mother said that it usually covers the ground, but it's so tiny!"
    daisypaw <<
    daisypaw <<

Post by daisypaw << Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:00 pm

DAISYPAW
    shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

daisypaw watched with a small mrrow of laughter as tansypaw flung herself onto missingpaw, clearly in distraught that the tom hadn't shared his knowledge with her sooner. she heard a new voice entering the clearing and turned her head slightly to see darkstar making her way over to the group and settling down. she felt a bit of discomfort rise within her heart but kept it quiet, her tail flicking against the ground as she watched a few more apprentices come join. she was never one who was outgoing like tansypaw, never someone who would fight another apprentice just for funsies or playtime. she preferred to keep it to herself.

she heard her fellow medic apprentice's voice, icepaw, and glanced over to see what she was up to. she had a question regarding the snow, and as she answered all these questions she in a way felt like she was being helpful. she hadn't realized so many apprentices hadn't experienced a snow yet. "sometimes it does cover the ground!" she responded back, "when i was a kit, we had a ton of it on the ground. i could barely leave the nursery!"

now you've hit a wall,
    and its not your fault
    my dear
    DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

Post by DARKSTAR Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:55 am

midnights in october 

it's with a soft lurch in her stomach that the leader notices daisypaw's discomfort, taking note of the tapping tail and uneasy eyes, wondering whether to ask gently about the girl's worries. her observation is disrupted with the arrival of her best friend, eyes sparkling, and darkstar scoffs at her words. "oh please, i only let you," she teases, giving driftingskies a gentle nudge. "i know all your tactics- i could still beat you if i tried today." the threat is empty, delivered with an amused tone. icepaw's arrival catches her attention, and she offers the other medic's apprentice a nod. "daisypaw is right, icepaw. snow may seem tiny, but when there's this much of it, it will soon cover the whole territory."

eyes of piercing gold dim as memories swirl behind their depths. she remembers her first snow, as bearpaw, the only son born to her parents. they had been so proud when she had caught her first prey in the frost strewn forest. she wonders if that was the only time they were ever truly proud. eyes flickering back to life as the apprentices wrestle and frolic in the drifting flakes, she smiles. "you'd better enjoy this right now. soon it'll be hard times. the snow drives prey off and dries up herbs. but enjoy your first snow- it's a beautiful thing." 

in your chest you should hold contentedness || flurries  De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
    Driftingskies
    Driftingskies

Post by Driftingskies Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:04 am

Driftingskies would purr softly as Darkstar teased her back. But she settled into a content quiet as she listens to the other apprentice's talk of the first snows. Her tail would curl around her paws as if preparing for the cold that was bound to come. What was her first snow like?...the memory of her father sneaking her out to experience it, a calm night before her mother charged out and spat venom at them, stating that if they wanted to be out of camp so badly they could stay out there. So they did, her father wrapped around her so her little body didn't freeze to death during the night. As she blinked out of her own memories, she would smile softly at the apprentices, "Snow isn't all bad of course." She would chime in after Darkstar, "it does make prey harder to find, yes, but the snow melts into water that brings the plants and trees back in the New Leaf."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:22 am