Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

wash away the sky || priv Icepaw

Go down

wash away the sky || priv Icepaw Empty wash away the sky || priv Icepaw

Post by ghost on Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:58 pm

TANSYPAW
shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

Embarrassment, Tansypaw knows. It trails behind her like a secondary shadow, ever present and persistent. In a more fitful state, Tansypaw may even declare that life is little more than a series of shames, broken up only by brief reprieves. Even in her finer moments, Tansypaw is doing something wrong. It's the knowledge that she will never know all the ways that she fails.

Then, there is Icepaw.

Icepaw, who Tansypaw cannot say that she knows, but could say that she would like to. Because- just because. It's her failings and it's Icepaw herself that leads Tansypaw into the medicine den under the coolness of evening. In the mouth, Tansypaw hesitates, until a sound further within the den spurs her onward. Icepaw, who Tansypaw wanted to see.

The sight is nearly enough to send Tansypaw walking in the other direction.¬†Instead, she stays where she is, reminds herself of words she so carefully has practiced. “Hello, Icepaw. I wanted to- I wanted to apologize for the other day. You were just doing your duty, trying to help and I was being... uncooperative. And weird. I should have just let you- well anyway, my shoulder is better!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wash away the sky || priv Icepaw Empty Re: wash away the sky || priv Icepaw

Post by hanakosong on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 pm

This time of day usually found Icepaw within the medicine den even if her mentor was out and about. The white tabby was intensely dedicated to her work, nimble claws working delicately, carefully, to pull herbs and stems apart to get to what was needed. She sorted swiftly but accurately, memory for herbs unlike any other at her age. It was almost like Icepaw had spent a lifetime doing this.
Today was no different, her back to the mouth of the den and small, lithe form hunched with focus over the leaves she was sorting. To her credit, Icepaw didn't jump nearly as much as her heart did when Tansypaw spoke up behind her.
Twisting quickly to look at the other apprentice, Icepaw's indigo eyes were wide for half a beat before she settled into a more neutral seat. But confusion fluttered across her expression a moment later, head tipping to one side as her ears flicked curiously.
"Well," Icepaw began, hesitating for a moment. "I appreciate the apology, but you didn't have to apologize. I know you thought you were okay, and it's not like you hurt me. I'm glad you're feeling better!" Her delight was genuine, glad to see that the pains of the other apprentice were healed.
One of the first things Icepaw had learned was that warriors were stubborn. They would insist they were fine even as they lay bleeding out before you, so Tansypaw's insistence the other day about her shoulder being fine hadn't phased the medicine cat apprentice in the slightest. Either way, she did appreciate the thought Tansypaw put into coming to find her to say sorry.
hanakosong
hanakosong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:45 pm

TANSYPAW
shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

Icepaw accepts the apology with a grace that Tansypaw feels she herself lacks. Unwanting to leave and uncertain how to carry on the conversation, Tansypaw lingers in the mouth of the den for moments longer, then, slowly steps further into the den, inspecting Icepaw's work with a cautious curiosity. They all look indistinct to Tansypaw, and their individual scents mix into something heady and indecipherable.

Being a medicine cat took an unfathomable amount of skill, to which Tansypaw could never compare. She moves about the medicine den, feeling both as though she is far to close to Icepaw, and as if she is too far away. There are certain things most would consider polite but, in the moment, Tansypaw cannot recall what she typically does in a conversation. How does she hold herself, and where? Does she walk about, or does she sit perfectly still?

It really is incredible,” Tansypaw says it as if she is testing the words herself. She looks at Icepaw, then down to her careful work. “You remember what all of these do?” Distracted by the herbs, Tansypaw speaks with an unabashed wonder. She sits before them and taps on of the stacks with her tail-tip, “Like- like this one right here? What is it?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum