Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open)

Go down

Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open) Empty Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open)

Post by Sanctuaryforall1 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:25 pm

• Brokendawn ~ Male ~ Warrior •
—— Light ginger tom covered in scars with only one eye and torn ears.

It had been moons since the attack and still Brokendawn found it hard to wake up each morning and continue to put one paw in front of the other. He had already lost so much that internally he was confused about why he was afraid, what more did he have to lose? His mother had disowned him once she saw what the twolegs had done to him. He couldn't even look at his own reflection in the water, every time he did he only saw the grotesque creature he had become looking back up at him. Confidence, his spirit, was something he hadn't felt in what felt like a lifetime, it vanished the day he lost his eye and now he just felt hollow and dark inside. Leaving the camp alone was something he doubted he would ever be able to do again.

These were all things Brokendawn couldn't help but think about as he lay curled up in the corner of camp, trying to stay out of sight of the warriors who pitied him or averted their eyes whenever he walked by. He knew his world would never be the same, that he would never be the same. Everything was darker and scarier now, partially because of his missing eye and partially because of the mental damage caused by the experience he endured at the hands of the twoleg group. He couldn't help but wonder what his life would be like now if he had never been captured that day. He had no doubts that it would be better because he wouldn't look like a monster that kits run in fear from. "My clan deserves better." He meowed to himself as he rest his scarred chin on his front paws, his torn ears pressed back against his head.
Sanctuaryforall1
Sanctuaryforall1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open) Empty Re: Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open)

Post by ghost on Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:00 pm

SLACKFOOT
shadowclan warrior | limp hindleg | cream tabby | dsh | tags

Some days are harder than others. Life can be something with teeth: harsh and unforgiving. It could be the gentle touch of a queen's nose to the head of her kit, it could be the warmth that comes with such tenderness. It's the mildness of Leaf-fall and it's the biting cold of Leaf-bare. No one lives through their life untouched by the cruelty of the world, but some are caressed by it, others are struck.

Overall, Slackfoot considers himself lucky. He got away with his life, affected but unscarred. Other than the wilted look of his namesake and the way it drags behind him, Slackfoot doesn't carry an obvious old wound.

Not like Brokendawn does.

Slackfoot settles down next to Brokendawn with the amount of confidence one would have settling next to an old friend, being certain to rest on what wasn't his blind side. ”What do you think when you see me?” Slackfoot has his round face turned away from Brokendawn, looking instead skyward, his eyes narrow against the light.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open) Empty Re: Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open)

Post by daisypaw << on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:13 pm

DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

daisypaw wasn't the best with words so she feared saying something that would upset slackfoot or brokendawn. she had talked to slackfoot a few times before and she had also visited brokendawn a bit as she was always trying to get him to try some herbs that may make him less stressed, but she didn't know the two toms greatly. she hoped that would change though, but she feared making the wrong moves. "i know you aren't asking me, but i just see two warriors." she said as she sat down in front of the two, tucking her paws under her chubby form to become a loaf, making herself comfortable in their presence. "it pains me when you speak so lowly of yourself, brokendawn. i don't know how to convince you that you are an asset to our clan." maybe it could start with a name change so he didn't feel broken every time someone talked to him. maybe she would just stop addressing him by his name; she kind of felt like with a sad name like that it only made things worse.

"good morning, you two, by the way.." she added awkwardly at the end, realizing she had just kind of barged in.

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanctuaryforall1 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:59 pm

• Brokendawn ~ Male ~ Warrior •
—— Light ginger tom covered in scars with only one eye and torn ears.

Brokendawn flinched slightly when he saw Slackfoot approach and lay down beside him. He hated that he reacted this way towards his own clanmate, especially when the warrior had been aware enough to stay on his non-blind side, but still, despite everything, he was scared. Deep down he supposed that not all of his trauma had been caused by the two legs but by his mother as well. She had taken one look at him and decided he was nothing to her. It had broken what little the tom felt he had left of himself, if his own kin couldn't stand to look at him what hope did he have for the rest of his clanmates.

After a heartbeat Brokendawn forced his heartbeat to calm and glanced over at Slackfoot with his one good eye, not finding the strength within himself to lift his chin from his paws. Taking a moment to compose his thoughts he opened his mouth to reply to the warrior but stopped when he heard a voice from his blindside and had to keep himself from jumping in fear and surprise. Several moons had passed and still, he felt as vulnerable as his first day without his eye. Will it ever get better? He wondered as he turned his scarred head to face Daisypaw. He listened to her kind words and her concerns and instantly felt terrible for making her worry for him. As she said, he was a warrior, but he didn't feel like one. He was stuck in a place of torment and pain within his own mind.

Blinking his one good eye the young warrior turned to look from Slackfoot to Daisypaw. Both were showing him such kindness by approaching him to help him and he felt a torrent of emotions within him ranging from gratitude to guilt. "I don't know how you do it Slackfoot. How did you find your way?" He asked the tom in a rasping voice that had never been the same since the attack. "Daisypaw is right, you are a warrior...and so am I...but I don't feel like one." He admitted and looked ashamed.
Sanctuaryforall1
Sanctuaryforall1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:19 am

//mobile 

Daisypaw has a gentle sort of optimism about her. It warms Slackfoot from the inside, and so, affectionate, he smiles to the apprentice.

“You are kind,” He purrs, and remembers a different time, “And what you say is true, young one, but it is also true that what you say is a platitude. I know the ways in which I differ from the crowd, and surely Brokendawn does as well.” Blunt without being harsh. Slackfoot looks to Brokendawn briefly, gauging his reaction before returning his attention to Daisypaw.

“Pretending differently only will do us a favor in the moment,” She’ll be a wonderful medicine cat, of this Slackfoot is certain.

Brokendawn speaks, and as he does, he has the full attention of Slackfoot. He remains silent until Brokendawn is done, “I was younger than you when I was injured. I’ve had many moons to adapt, as you will with time. I will not lie and say it will be a painless process— you will mourn for the life you thought you were to have. That is what you are doing now: mourning, and someday, be it moons or seasons from now, you will find that you are aching just a little less.”

It’s a death in a different way, but the process is the same. It is still loss. 

“Were a warrior’s mate to die, I feel you wouldn’t ask them to patrol. You wouldn’t try to find every which way they could contribute to the clan, you would guide them through their grief the best you could, and hope not for them to be productive once more, but to be happy once more. There isn’t shame in giving yourself that same kindness.” Slackfoot was an outsider looking in when it came to clan life, and he had to appreciate the subtle beauty of its function. 

“Even if you have nothing to give to ShadowClan, nothing to offer, you would still be you, and you would still be one of our own, and there is a value to that which surpasses whatever quota of mice killed or borders marked that you’ve convinced yourself you need to exist as a warrior.” He doesn’t need to- doesn’t want to convince Brokendawn to his way of thinking, he just wants to give Brokendawn something to think about. Allow him to consider himself not a burden because, to Slackfoot, life is far too important to ever be so.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 am

Oh How The World Has Changed (Brokendawn Intro / Open) Rsz-1rsz-longhair-cat
DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

daisypaw looked over at slackfoot as he talked to her, and she sent him a soft smile in return even though he was telling her she was not entirely right though she was trying to be nice. well, yes, there was a small difference between the two males from the rest of the clan but it was hard for her to genuinely see the difference. thats just how daisypaw was though. other cats could easily see the difference; the apprentice, not so much. she just saw two familiar warriors within her clan. she flicked her tail lightly, listening to the conversation that the two toms had. it was painful to listen to the words that came from brokendawn, but she enjoyed hearing how slackfoot had to speak in return. "there's something special about everyone. you have something special too, brokendawn," she pointed out.

kiwi
kiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum