Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!)

Go down

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!) Empty Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!)

Post by Sanctuaryforall1 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:27 pm

• Flamingmist ~ Female ~ Warrior •
—— Orange tabby she-cat with a white underbelly and bright orange eyes. She has short fur but a long bushy tail.

Paws pounding almost soundlessly against the forest floor Flamingmist smiled as she raced between the pines and other trees. The soft needles beneath her paws provided a nice spring each time she propelled herself forward to the point that she felt as thought she were flying across the forest floor. It felt like it had been moons since she had taken the time out of her day to just go for a refreshing run through the territory. Warrior duties were of course important and she always made sure she that they were her first priority but really getting to stretch her legs, well, there was nothing better than that. At this point she had run through a good chunk of Shadowclan territory and was nearing the boarder which she could smell had been freshly marked by a recent patrol. Taking a moment to skid to a halt, leaves and needles fluttering around the forest floor as she did so, she opened her mouth to smell the boarder and make sure no one had crossed since then. Detecting no new scents over the marking of the Shadowclan patrol Flamingmist was content that the line hadn't been crossed and gave a satisfied nod.

Turning on her paws the bright orange and white tabby she cat resumed her sprinting through the pine forest. She loved the feeling of her heart beating in her chest and the excitement of soaring over fallen logs or skidding across soft pine needles. Watching the leaves and needles scatter into the air was such a beautiful sight that Flamingmist knew she would never get tired of it.
Sanctuaryforall1
Sanctuaryforall1

View user profile

Driftingskies likes this post

Back to top Go down

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!) Empty Re: Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!)

Post by DARKSTAR on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:58 pm

midnights in october 

she takes time every once in a while to stroll through her territory, taking it all in. it's a queen's job to reign with peace, and she finds it easier to sleep at night knowing she's made sure of the safety of her kingdom. it is with a startled gasp that she is awoken from her calming jog by the crunching of leaves ahead, accompanied by the vision of the flaming woman bursting from the undergrowth. her warrior is flushed, breath coming in healthy gasps. darkstar's whiskers twitch. "it's a nice day for a run, flamingmist!" she'll call after the bushyfurred femme. "it's good to see you!"

she doesn't often get to interact with her warriors, having been a mildly introverted deputy. she barely knows many of the warriors who now serve under her, despite having slept in the same den as them for moons. "how's the territory looking today? everything peaceful?" 

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!) De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
DARKSTAR
DARKSTAR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!) Empty Re: Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!)

Post by Driftingskies on Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Driftingskies had been roped into a hunting patrol with her mother, Violetcrow. It was going....about as well as Drift has expected. Her mother's searing glare made her more nervous than she usually was and caused her more misses than was normal for the warrior. Each misstep and each prey lost was another scoff and low growl of disappointment that shook Drift to the core, just like when she had been a kitten. The sound of paw steps would break the tension between the two and Driftingskies would appear relieved as she recognized Darkstars voice. "Darkstar!" She would forget about her mother for that moment and bound towards her friend before noticing Flamingmist and waving her tail in greeting, "Oh, hello Flamingmist! What are you two doing out here?" 

"I'm sure what the leader is doing is none of your concern, Driftingskies." 

Her mothers' voice would sound from behind her daughter and although her expression was one of amusement, Driftingskies would recognize the edge within it, a warning. 
Driftingskies
Driftingskies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanctuaryforall1 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:52 pm

• Flamingmist ~ Female ~ Warrior •
—— Orange tabby she-cat with a white underbelly and bright orange eyes. She has short fur but a long bushy tail.

The call of a voice between the trees beside her drew Flamingmist to a halt as she turned as quickly as she could, ignoring the skid marks she made across the forest floor when doing so. The orange and white she-cat smiled as she recognized it was her leader who had spoken to her as she had run past. With a respectful bow of her head, the young warrior waved her tail in greeting towards Darkstar, her orange eyes shining warmly upon the leader of Shadowclan. "It is indeed." Flamingmist agreed with a slight purr to her voice as she looked around at the beautiful day that Starclan had gifted them. "I'm glad to see that you are getting to take some time to enjoy it. I can only imagine how busy the life of a leader must be." The she-cat commented seeming genuinely delighted that her leader was getting to take some time to relax and enjoy the territory. "I just checked the border and all seemed as it should be. No unwanted guests or wandering foxes so far." The flame-colored warrior reported to her leader.

Her attention became split between Darkstar and another as Driftingskies and her mother approached. Flamingmist was delighted to see Driftingskies but her smile fell slightly, but not all too noticeably, upon spotting Violetcrow. Driftingskies was a dear friend of Flamingmist and her brother Needlestorm, the two orphans considered Driftingskies to be part of their self-made family and it irked Flamingmist when she saw Violetcrow belittling her daughter at seemingly every turn. "Driftingskies!" Flamingmist greeted with a warm purr. "Oh! I was just out trying to stretch my legs and give the territory a quick patrol when I ran into Darkstar." She informed her friend before glancing behind the she-cat and looking at Violetcrow. "And Darkstar was kind enough to take time to chat with me. I am sure Driftingskies is more than welcome to join us." She pointed out to the older warrior, her voice friendly and her stance not showing how greatly she wished to lash out at the older she-cat. Flamingmist knew that at this moment it was better to sit back and watch, analyze, and wait for the perfect opportunity to challenge Violetcrow on how she treats her daughter.  
Sanctuaryforall1
Sanctuaryforall1

View user profile

Driftingskies likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKSTAR on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:45 am

midnights in october 

she lets out a soft noise of acceptance at the warrior's words, a smile gracing the maw of the large femme. "it's a good day for us all to be out," she'll agree with flamingmist, blinking. "thank the stars for warriors like you." she nudges her clanmate softly. her mouth opens as if about to speak but she is interrupted by the arrival of driftingskies, a delightful distraction. "hiya, darling!" her voice lilts with a kind recognition of the other as she pads up to the two. darkstar offers a nod to violetcrow, although a frown briefly crosses her face at the elder warrior's words.

"greetings violetcrow. i'm not busy at the moment, simply enjoying the beautiful day. it's always drifty's business what i'm up to- she keeps me out of trouble." her tone is forcefully cheerful, something only those close to her will notice. even the twinkle in her eye as she glances at driftingskies is tinged with pity and worry. "flamingmist's just been to check the borders. were you two going hunting? it's a good day for it." she's not one for words, in fact it's times like these when she resents brindlestar for appointing her deputy and then dying before she knew anything. driftingskies is one of her best friends- has been since they were young, although darkstar has never known where she's stood with the woman's parents. it seems that whatever misgivings violetcrow has over her leader's gender are trumped by the warrior's code. the femme shows respect to her leader, but darkstar still is uncertain, knowing of her best friend's relationship with the stern female. a glance at driftingskies tells her everything she needs to know, and, feeling the contained energy emanating from her ginger companion, the leader silently agrees.

Scattered Leaves (Flamingmist Intro / Open to all!) De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  
DARKSTAR
DARKSTAR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftingskies on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 am

"My apologies, Darkstar." 

Violetcrow would appear apologetic as she dipped her head to the leader and Flamingmist, "My daughter and I were attempting to hunt but it would appear we are just as prey repellent as always." The she-cats tail would brush against Driftingskies flank, what would normally be a gesture of affection between mother and kit, but thee blue she-cat would only sit still, rigid as she could hear the hidden venom in her mother's tone. Drift would move away after a heartbeat, only smiling to the others as if nothing was amiss, "Haha yea, Hunting was never really my thing. But maybe as a group, we can catch something? If you guys want of course!" 
Driftingskies
Driftingskies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum