Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

reflecting | cherrytail intro

Go down

reflecting | cherrytail intro Empty reflecting | cherrytail intro

Post by somethingtardisblue on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:55 pm

Catching a glimpse of herself in a puddle was a strange experience for the warrior. She mostly avoided reflective surfaces when she could, though it wasn't that she disliked her appearance. It was just a reminder of how much she'd changed - how much everything had changed. Growing up, she'd always done her best to please her parents, moulding herself to their expectations even when she didn't fit. They had told her over and over who she was supposed to be, who she had to be, and yet... 

Breaking eye contact with the version of herself in the water, Cherrytail shifted her yellow gaze to Darkstar, her sister. She had broken every mould and expectation their parents had forced upon her, and was now living happily as her true self. Darkstar had even become the leader despite their parents being convinced that the clan would cast her aside. Cherrytail couldn't help but feel her chest tighten with longing. But longing for what? She didn't know. Maybe she was longing to have a proper relationship with her sister again, or longing to break free from her parents.

"speech
CHERRYTAIL | 18 MOONS | WARRIOR | SHADOWCLAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reflecting | cherrytail intro Empty Re: reflecting | cherrytail intro

Post by kiwi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 am

reflecting | cherrytail intro Rsz-1rsz-longhair-cat
DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

"cherrytail?" the apprentice spoke up, approaching the warrior slowly with her head lowered and her body in a crouched-type of way. "what are you up to? is everything alright?" even though the warrior had shown absolutely no signs of distress, daisypaw couldn't help herself. she worried about everyone immensely. she always asked that.

kiwi
kiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by somethingtardisblue on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:46 pm

The soft voice of the apprentice brought Cherrytail out of her thoughts and back into the present moment. Her expression had been neutral, but it morphed into a gentle smile as she turned towards Daisypaw.

"I'm fine, just got lost in thought for a moment." the ginger warrior replied. She couldn't help but notice that Daisypaw was making herself smaller by crouching and keeping her head lowered. 'Is she intimidated by my size?' she wondered. Like her sister, Cherrytail had always been larger than most of her clanmates. She had been a little self-conscious when she was younger - it was hard not to be when you stood out so much - but she was far more comfortable with it now. However, she still sat down and curled her tail around her paws so she took up less space, hoping that the apprentice would feel more at ease. "Is everything alright with you?" Cherrytail asked,, partially out of genuine care and curiousity, partially out of a feeling of obligation. It was far too easy to slip into the role of the perfect daughter her parents had given her.

"speech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwi on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:41 pm

DAISYPAW

she was glad to see that cherrytail was offering her a smile. she was afraid that the warrior had been upset about something, like she had mentioned she had merely just been zoning out. she just worried about all her clanmates, far too much. she offered her a pleasant smile back, feeling a little bit of weight lifted off her shoulders now that the warrior was doing alright. perhaps it was just her medicinal instincts kicking in, but she was always just so worried about her fellow clanmates!

the question was quickly being turned back around to her though as the warrior sat down, and daisypaw found herself also turning her stance into a sit with her tail flickering against the ground behind her. unbeknownst to the warrior, she was always on the anxious side, it had nothing to do with cherrytail. instead, it had to do with talking to the warrior and fearing saying the wrong things. "i'm alright, yes," she answered back naturally softly, her fluffy fur blowing a bit within the wind. she twitched her whiskers, and added, "just trying to figure out all my different duties, you know?" she let out a little purr of laughter. she was still accustoming to being a newly named medicine cat apprentice. "do you have any plans today?"

kiwi
kiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by somethingtardisblue on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Cherrytail couldn't help but relax as Daisypaw spoke. "Ah, of course! It must be very exciting to train as a medicine cat," she said, feeling silly for forgetting for even a moment great responsibility the younger cat had. She hoped that there wasn't too much pressure being put on the apprentice, from any of their clanmates or from Daisypaw herself. 

The next question took a moment for her to find an answer. She gazed back down into the puddle as she thought. It was a little embarrassing to admit that she was using her usual strategy: wait for someone to ask her to do something. Otherwise, she'd find the decision overwhelming. Cherrytail had been like this ever since she was a kit, but it hadn't mattered until she became a warrior. As an apprentice, you were supposed to follow your mentor and obey their instructions, but who was she meant to follow now she was older? The wind ruffled through her long, ginger fur as she thought for a short moment. Then the solution came to her. "I don't have any plans in particular, no," she began, turning her gaze back to the apprentice. "I could assist you with your duties if you'd like? I'm always happy to help."

"speech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwi on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 pm

DAISYPAW

daisypaw nodded, adding in a little sigh after cherrytail's words that she hadn't entirely realized she had been holding. it was true! it was hard learning all the ways of the medicine, trying to figure them out. she flicked her tail against the ground, waiting for an answer from cherrytail with her response of what she was doing today but it seemed to take longer than either of them had expected. she flicked her green eyes to look up at the warrior as she saw her looking in the puddle then finally saying she had no plans.

until she offered to help daisypaw. "oh - really?" she said, a little taken aback, then greeted the warrior with a smile. "i would love that! i just have to sort and collect things...its not that exciting though...i don't want to bore you - i'm sure you have better things to do.." even though the warrior had just mentioned she didnt.
kiwi
kiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum