Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ]

DARKSTAR
    DARKSTAR

LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ] Empty LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ]

Post by DARKSTAR Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:52 pm

midnights in october 

through the slate grey of the clouds breaks the sun at last, a golden flame tearing through the blanket of haze with stunning ferocity. as the clouds move apart to welcome the last echoes of the glittering disk, the sky becomes painted with washes of rose and violet, a sea of blues and cool hues contrasting the harsh bright glare of the setting orb. the sun glints in her eyes as she makes her way from her den, allowing her gaze to travel around camp in a strict arc. this moon will be hard both for her and her clan, but they'll made it through. with new members and more activity, her clan has prepared well for their hardships. there are things to discuss, announcements to be made. with a hunch of her back legs she springs up towards the meeting rock, muscles rippling as she pulls herself to the top. like a proud lioness she gazes upon her kingdom, appreciating the simply beauty of creatures working in harmony. "let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath for a meeting!" it's as if the ghosts of former royalty speak the command along with her. darkstar still hasn't become used to the feeling of overwhelming power as she stares out over her kingdom. having done this a few times beofre doesn't ever take away the breathlessness. she hopes her subjects are satisfied with her service.

it's strange how perspective changes when above it all. the clan begins to gather, chatter echoing through each maw, questions and gossip that she will no longer be able to partake in. she'll never know what they're thinking, nor how they find her. it's isolating, terrifying. every time she addresses the clan, she does so alone, with no deputy and a new medicine cat yet. pride and confidence should not ring within her gaze, but it does, just behind the sun filled eyes. today is a day for new beginnings, and she prays to the stars that they will approve of her choices. her clan has lacked important roles for much too long. below, the crowd comes to a hush as she flicks her tail, and a glimmer of pride flashes through her heart like flame.

"cats of shadowclan, for too long have i hesitated in appointing my equals. i wish for the stars to approve of my choice, and last night, i received a vision. i know who i am to appoint, and i feel good about this choice," head bowed, she sends a silent prayer of thanks to the stars. they have made her decision much easier. "i say this for the spirit of brindlestar, that our former leader may hear and approve of my choice. slackfoot will be the new deputy of shadowclan. i know he will protect and serve his clan, and i trust him with my life. if he accepts, the stars will also." golden gaze seeks the familiar pelt of the wise tom, head tipping with the unspoken question.

// @ghost congrats luv mwah <33
    as always dm me on discord or here if u have an announcement,, also i'm still looking for a med cat replacement!  and yes this is copied from last meeting shhhs

LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ] De668fr-34c270c5-c9a5-41d9-b7b3-860404de432f

THEY'RE SO PRETTY IT HURTS  

ghost likes this post

ghost
    ghost

LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ] Empty Re: LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ]

Post by ghost Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:29 am

SLACKFOOT
    shadowclan warrior | limp hindleg | cream tabby | dsh | tags

It is with love that Slackfoot is called upon, because among ShadowClan all Slackfoot has ever known is love.

It is how they relate to one another, it is how the function as if a family. They love one another with the fierceness and depth of a mother to her child, perhaps occasionally bickering and snide, but ready, always ready, to come to one another’s defense. They would draw blood for one another, kill or be killed if it meant sparing the life of a clanmate.

The leader is the softest of pink dog wood blooms, the clan her sharp red thorns, forever ready to defend. What has always struck Slackfoot, what has always kept him stagnant where elsewhere he would have left, is that the metaphor can work the other way around. To Darkstar, ShadowClan is something that is just as worth protecting, just as precious.

And never once has Slackfoot felt excluded from that.

He has watched ShadowClan for a long time, studious in remembering the details, the little moments that would surely make this a beautiful story one day. He watches ShadowClan with the perspective of an outsider, if only in the sense of being born on the outside, and loves it all the more for it. Slackfoot thinks of the story he is composing, the faces and personalities he will so fondly recall later, and he imagines to whom he tells this story.

It is not hard, he finds, to imagine himself telling it to the future generations of ShadowClan. He would be grizzled and the juts of his aching bones would be pronounced in his older moons, but he could still be sitting here, surrounded by curious and prodding kits, and the stories he would tell them would be of their history, their heritage, and for once he could share in that history.

That ever-present call to the horizon would still be there, as it would truly never fade, but the contentedness Slackfoot may feel would be worth that sting. The world is a vast place, and Slackfoot will always want to see it all, but were he to leave this place, he would always wonder, always ache for it in the same way he aches to travel.

Whatever he chooses, he is choosing a life with a heart split in two.

Never before have I been so honored,” Slackfoot dips his head, and when he rises it is an ancient and wonderful thing that he now carries on his shoulders, ”I accept, humbly, to be the deputy of ShadowClan, and to be your deputy.” It isn’t the first time Slackfoot has been asked, directly or indirectly, to stay somewhere.

It is the first time he says yes.

LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ] Empty Re: LIGHT ME AFLAME [ FEBRUARY MEETING ]

Post by hanakosong Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:47 pm

icepaw
    medicine cat apprentice - 8 moons

✧ // but i made it with you next to me
    It's with pride that Icepaw sits near the mouth of the medicine den with her mentor and Daisypaw beside her. She spots that same sort of spark of pride in Slackfoot's irises at Darkstar's announcement, even from halfway across camp.
    There had been a settling sort of feeling in Icepaw's bones when she had been appointed as a medicine cat apprentice - a sense of peace. It was almost like, despite her young age, there was a click setting into place that she had found her calling. Almost like she had done this before, been here before.
    Icepaw wasn't very good with communicating with her Clanmates, but she raised her voice loud enough to mingle with the calls of Slackfoot's name alongside ShadowClan.
    speaking thoughts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 am