Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones

ghost
    ghost

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones  Empty it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones

Post by ghost Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 am

COALWHISKER
    thunderclan warrior | solid black | oriental short-hair | tags

There is a bone-deep exhaustion that has settled over his limbs.

Every step feels like the one on which he will falter, like the one he will collapse under. The snow under his paws is well-trodden and pressed flat. The world is hazy and golden under the retreating sun. None of this feels real yet, it hasn’t had the time to become so.

Earlier, he had stood before the ancestors whose very name he had doubted, their existence incontestable as they pressed lives into his skin.

Now, Coalstar ducks through the barren-leaved gorse tunnel and takes his first steps as leader-proper into camp.

Shockingly, it doesn’t look different. Coalstar expected— he thought he would come upon a sight that would reflect the change his life has undergone. That his sudden new role would manifest as something physical. ThunderClan would suddenly be underwater or on fire, or somehow contradictorily both. Instead, it is as it was when he left.

The distance between himself and his den feels insurmountable, he has already walked so far. Coalstar is tired; he’s traveled the distance to highstones and back. Another step and he imagines himself shattering into glass dust, as fragile as the gauzy wings of a dragonfly. His exhaustion has doubled—tripled— with his end goal in sight. Surely no one would mind if he just, if he could simply—

Right there, steps beyond the mouth of camp, Coalstar falls into a sit, then he doesn’t lay down so much as he lurches into being prone. He’s made it home and hopefully no one would begrudge him a nap.

Chrysalispaw likes this post

Chrysalispaw
    Chrysalispaw

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones  Empty Re: it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones

Post by Chrysalispaw Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:22 am

Take me back to the night we met

"Welcome home, Coalstar." Chyrsalispaws' soft and calm meow would sound from behind where the leader was sitting, the apprentice having entered camp behind her NPC mentor after a hunt. A bird lay between her paws, the signs of a semi-successful day despite the fresh snow and bitter cold. Her deep green eyes moved over his frame in an almost contemplative way before she meowed again, "You look exhausted. Should I get you something to eat?" Her gaze remained leveled as she spoke, with no hint of pity or compassion in her expression. Simply polite ease, as if she were speaking to an equal rather than her own leader. 

hanakosong
    hanakosong

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones  Empty Re: it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones

Post by hanakosong Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm

a s t e r p o o l

She pushed into camp behind Coalstar, paws aching and eyes drooped with weariness, but none of her exhaustion even sniffed the level of her new leader's. A meeting with StarClan coupled with the trek out and back to Highstones was always physically and spiritually draining. Added in the experience of multiple lives passed from stardust to sinew and Asterpool could never fathom the exhaustion. The medicine cat went to stand at his shoulder, about to offer to bring him something to eat to his den when Coalstar merely flopped to the ground just inside the camp's entrance.
    Yellow-green eyes flicked to Chrysalispaw as the apprentice offered to fetch Coalstar some food, the medicine cat nodding wearily, wordlessly in response.
    "If you could take it to his den, I'll make sure he gets there. Thank you," Asterpool murmured. She then turned to nudge her nose against the tom's shoulder, insistent. "Come on, up. I'll let you lean on my shoulder to get there."

speaking thoughts
    i'd wanna be felled by you, held by you, fuel the pyre of your enemies
    kiwi
    kiwi

Post by kiwi Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 pm

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones  Rsz-img-3356
    MUSHROOM
    thunderclan - kit - male - 3 moons - tags

"hey! you're back!" excitement sparked in the young tom's voice as he darted across camp to meet coalstar and asterpool. "i was so bored without you here, coalbrain. the other kits cry when i talk to them." his tail was high in the air as he skidded to a halt beside them, getting a little too close to coalstar as he usually did. just what coalstar wanted on his day back - to be bothered."you don't look different. are you really sure you have more lives now?" truthfully, mushroom thought all this clan stuff was stupid and was not real. how could someone just get more lives? it made no sense. this all seemed like a big ploy to try to trick everyone, and mushroom was smarter than that. mushroom, the flea ridden, smelly kit would not fall for that trick.

asterpool said something about going to his den, and this caused another beam from mushroom. "your den? we have our own den now? no way!" no, mushroom, thats not how that works. you cannot just claim the leader's den as your own.

wait. he despises coalstar. what was he doing? "i mean - why do you get your own den! i should too, if thats how you want to be!"

"speech."
    ghost
    ghost

Post by ghost Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 am

COALSTAR
    thunderclan leader | solid black | oriental short-hair | tags

Coalstar would have been content to stay as he was, laying in a way that was sure to make his joints twinge uncomfortably upon waking, an awkward jumble of long limbs. A single eye cracks open to level a look to Chrysalispaw, and he responds to her question with only a disinterested grunt. Eating sounded nice in the vague sort of way being in a nest sounded nice. It would be better than this, but it would also require an amount of movement that Coalstar was currently unwilling to make.

Asterpool saves him from Chrysalispaw trying to communicate further, and of that he is thankful. Kind of. She sounds like she wants to get him up and to his den, which was a firm no thank you, in Coalstar’s head. “Leave me here to die,” He commands Asterpool without lifting his head, “I’ll be fine later.” StarClan wasn’t real yesterday. That was nice, yesterday.

Right.

Thinking the matter dealt with, Coalstar closes his eyes once more. He pointedly tries to ignore the additional voice of Mushroom, and pointedly tries not to let his tail flick at the newest nickname of Coalbrain. Better than Coalie, at least. It proves to be a matter that Coalstar cannot leave alone, for his eyes do open, and his head does rise from the ground.

I’ve got the authority to banish you now,” He warns Mushroom, “Then you’d have to join ShadowClan, and they eat kits that talk too much. Or RiverClan, where they’ll dip you in ice until your tail falls off.” There are other clans, Coalstar thinks, but he doesn’t care to remember their names in the moment. Instead, he sighs and pushes himself to shaky paws.

...Right.

I have my own den now,” His own lonely den, “And if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to sleep somewhere that isn’t a dark cave.” The ground right here still fit that description, but he will only be hounded further if he tries to resume his rest here. Coalstar looks at Asterpool and doesn’t take her offered shoulder.

He walks in stubborn, small steps. Naturally his body wants to veer him towards the warriors’ den, and it is through force that he keeps himself on track, until he is slipping through the lichen curtains of the leader’s den and blinking the change of light from his eyes. None of it feels real yet, and Coalstar is dreading the time when it will.

Post by somethingtardisblue Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Coalstar was back! Nettlepaw was so excited, it wasn't everyday a cat was given nine whole lives! She was a little late though, and approached to hear the new leader giving Mushroom a warning. "They eat kits?" she exclaimed in horror, her voice just a little too loud. In the time it took for Coalstar to reach his new den, she slowly realised her error. Shadowclan didn't actually eat kits, probably. He was just trying to scare Mushroom, thank Starclan. 

"speech
    NETTLEPAW | 9 MOONS | APPRENTICE | THUNDERCLAN

Post by Chrysalispaw Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Take me back to the night we met

As Asterpool appeared, the apprentice would dip her head in respect to the medicine cat. At her instructions, the Russian blue would leave the scene momentarily to grab the leader a bird from the top of the pile. When she returned, her ears would twitch lightly as Mushroomkits' voice filled the air, proclaiming that he and Coalstar both had a new den now. The normally stoic she-cat would twitch her whiskers in a rare display of amusement at the banter between the two. Coalstar would rise soon after, taking slow steps towards the leader's den before he slipped away inside. Nettlepaws' voice would greet her next, and the initial horror on her face about Shadowclan eating kits would make her smile ever so slightly. Her clanmates certainly were not boring. Moving with the bird in her jaws, the apprentice would move towards the leader's den, pushing her way in quietly in case the older tom was sleeping and placed the bird down near him. Her dark pine green eyes would linger on his form for a single heartbeat before turning to leave, but not before meowing, "I'll do my best to ensure Mushroomkit lets you rest, unless you would like him to join you?" 

hanakosong
    hanakosong

Post by hanakosong Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:35 pm

a s t e r p o o l

Mushroom's approach had Asterpool sitting upright from her crouched position beside Coalstar, watched the exchange between leader and kit, yellow-green eyes flicking between Chrysalispaw and Nettlepaw as the pair mingled. Truly, she was so tired.
    Asterpool was more than ready to go back to her den and take a nap before resuming the day's duties, but she had to get the lump of fur that was her leader off the ground and in his den first. Even if he ignored her or protested, Asterpool knew he was just being dramatic.
    The orange tabby bit back a comment about how if she left him here to die she would just move his body into his den so he woke up there later. But she restrained herself for the sake of the younger cats present. He might have a couple moons on her and a title outranking her, but Asterpool was no pushover when it came to hierarchy.
    Watching the tom push shakily to his paws, the medicine cat rose to stand as well, shoulder ready to be offered. She held Coalstar's gaze when he looked to her and huffed softly when he pointedly did not take her up on her aid. Watching him shuffle off, Asterpool nodded her thanks to Chrysalispaw when the apprentice took him prey.
    Turning her gaze to Nettlepaw, the medicine cat softened and shook her head, reassuring. "ShadowClan doesn't eat kits and RiverClan doesn't freeze tails off. Those are just made up rumors that every Clan has going around about them. Kits are considered the most precious members of every Clan and are treated as such."

speaking thoughts
    kiwi
    kiwi

Post by kiwi Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:38 pm

it’s my day to be brilliant || return from highstones  Rsz-img-3356
    MUSHROOM
    thunderclan - kit - male - 3 moons - tags

coalstar didn't seemed to pleased with mushrooms comments, as he told the kit he would punish him and send him to another clan for his death. of course, he didn't realize it was a fib of course, so he got a little nervous. [color=#829d70]"you would never do that!" he said with a laugh, but it was clear there was still a tinge of nervousness on his voice. [b]"you need me, i keep everyone in business. what would you possibly do without me?" oh yes, making himself seem more important than he really was, per usual. that was his favorite thing to do. except he truly believed he was important and he could not be convinced otherwise.

asterpool, the medicine cat, quickly chimed in to say he was kidding as kits were precious to the clan. mushroom felt a bit better, since it seemed like nettlepaw who was older than him didn't even know that; she had believed it, too. "yeah, coalbrain, you hear that? you are supposed to treat me like royalty. i'm precious, you hear? you need me." he was happy asterpool stepped in! but also.. "what do other clans say about us, asterpool?" it still seemed pretty weird to mushroom to refer to thunderclan as his own. he was still getting used to it. he also still felt weird calling them by a prefix and a suffix. he just had one name, and they all had double. he didn't like it. why couldnt they be normal?

"you won't do anything to me," mushroom shot back at chrysalispaw. who did this molly think she was? mushroom was his own person. he did what he wanted. "of course coalstar wants me in his den. i'm his best friend. stupid," he sneered at the molly.

"speech."
    hanakosong
    hanakosong

Post by hanakosong Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 am

a s t e r p o o l
    medicine cat – 16 moons

Flicking her tail at Mushroom, brushing the appendage briskly over his ears, Asterpool's yellow-green eyes gave the rowdy kit an unimpressed look. Some of her Clanmates said she was great with kits, others didn't say anything at all. The truth was, Asterpool was kind and patient and honest. She didn't coddle her Clanmates, and that included kits.
    "You're not royalty, Mushroom. And your behavior will earn you reaction in kind, so mind your tone and your manners." Glancing across the clearing again at Coalstar's retreat, the medicine cat sighed wearily, dreaming of her own nest in the medicine den. But she looked back down at Mushroom and curled her tail around her paws as she sat. "Truthfully, I haven't heard any rumors as of late. I think there used to be one involving trees a few seasons back, but I've never really cared to keep up with gossip."

speaking thoughts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 am