Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

and all you do and don't || priv icepaw

ghost
    ghost

and all you do and don't || priv icepaw Empty and all you do and don't || priv icepaw

Post by ghost Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 pm

TANSYPAW
    shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

She shouldn’t, at yet she does.

It is a habit Tansypaw tries to break herself of— has tried and tried since kit-hood. Her impulsivity is a fault that lives in war with her overthinking. In a strange way, they balance one another out, keep her from being truly foolish, but then something in her will snap like a string pulled too taut and Tansypaw will act without thought. Overall, the decisions she makes in these moments are overwhelmingly bad ones.

The medicine den has become something of a second home for her. Tansypaw doesn’t get injured as much as she used to, but the injuries she does sport tend to be more severe than the minor cut or split ear. Tansypaw certainly isn’t opposed to the company she’ll find in the medicine den.

Anyway.

She grows her skill with her silvertongue at the same time as her excuses become improbable for a scratch of this depth and length, or the perfect impression of teeth at the juncture of her jaw and neck. She’ll move with a deftness born of practice, then laugh and call herself an accident prone klutz. Tansypaw learns the art of speaking without saying anything of note as poultices are bound to her pelt.

But as is the pattern of her life, there is a cord that exists in her chest that is pulled tighter and tighter by the day; a test in increments. It feels like a physical thing when it snaps, and suddenly Tansypaw takes a breath as if she had been restricted before. She shouldn’t, she thinks. She shouldn’t, and yet she does.

Icepaw,” Tansypaw shouldn’t. Today it’s a minor infection that has brought her in, a bite to a foreleg that has abscessed. It aches in time with her pulse and is warm to the touch, but a strong smelling poultice has already been applied to it, and it is cobweb bound. “We should- I would like it if we could maybe…

Tansypaw is aware, so very away, about how much she shouldn’t.

And yet.

We should go out some time. Before the snow melts completely. We can enjoy it while it’s still here.” Tansypaw continues, “Just the two of us.

and all you do and don't || priv icepaw Empty Re: and all you do and don't || priv icepaw

Post by hanakosong Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 am

icepaw
    medicine cat apprentice - 8 moons

✧ // but i made it with you next to me
    She's still pressing cobwebs with gentle intent against the poultice covered wound on Tansypaw when the other apprentice speaks up. Indigo eyes flicker upward as her paws still in surprise. The medicine cat apprentice has become used to the other she-cat's presence in the medicine den on a near daily basis. And while it makes her heart crawl into her throat or drop into her stomach every time without fail, Icepaw cannot deny that she enjoys being able to see Tansypaw every day.
    Icepaw had scolded Tansypaw a week ago, telling her gently to be more careful, but it seems her warnings went either unheeded or Tansypaw was truly just this accident prone. Both were worrying.
    "I would love to," Icepaw hears herself say before she can truly think about it. Before thoughts of duty and responsibility and rules cross her mind, Icepaw has already said yes. "But maybe tomorrow, or the day after. Once you've rested and I'm certain this infection won't spread further. And if - only if - you rest in camp so there is less chance of further injury. You have to promise." Icepaw is aware she sounds like a plaintive child begging for promises that will unlikely be kept. But she begs anyway.
    speaking thoughts
    ghost
    ghost

and all you do and don't || priv icepaw Empty Re: and all you do and don't || priv icepaw

Post by ghost Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:19 pm

TANSYPAW

[size]
     [/size]

Icepaw accepts.

Tansypaw blinks, dumbstruck and lucky.

Are you sure? is the question she swallows, because Tansypaw is not about to encourage Icepaw to start second guessing this. “Cool.” Is what she says instead. She hadn’t thought— well, Tansypaw hadn’t thought anything, but out of all the possible outcomes, this one was the most disarming. 

Then Icepaw has to go and— completely unintentionally— cut Tansypaw into her very marrow. Promising to stay in camp was something Tansypaw could do easily. Promising not to get hurt? Her dream-mentor would beckon her tonight just as he always does, and Tansypaw would find herself in that land of leaflitter and rot. 

I will not step a paw out of this camp, that is a promise,” It feels insidious, saying it like this. “I’ll even— if you need me too, I’ll even stay right here in this den.” It feels too eager, too forward, but her heart doesn’t have room for regret right now. In the future, maybe. 

Right now, Tansypaw wants this, whatever this may be. Icepaw’s company. Her time. These quiet moments. No, there isn’t room right now for Tansypaw to doubt herself; her chest is too full with something unnameable. Tansypaw wants for her words to be the truth, and as much as she quietly enjoys being treated by Icepaw, Tansypaw wants to stop worrying her. 

hanakosong
    hanakosong

Post by hanakosong Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:29 am

icepaw
    medicine cat apprentice - 8 moons

✧ // but i made it with you next to me
    She isn't as shocked as she feels she should be when Tansypaw agrees to stay in camp. Icepaw is however taken by surprise when Tansypaw offers to stay in the medicine den. The medicine cat apprentice's ears perk up at the suggestion, at the idea, of having Tansypaw around her all day. It would certainly be a viable excuse for keeping Tansypaw to herself, keeping her safe and away from all things that might want to hurt her. Icepaw might agree too readily and too eagerly, but she doesn't quite care in the moment.
    "Sure! You can rest here! Maybe you could even help me sort through herbs." She leaned forward and butts her forehead against the other apprentice's shoulder gently before scampering back to the herbs she had been tending to. Icepaw drags them closer to Tansypaw and beams at the warrior apprentice. "It'll be fun!"
    speaking thoughts
    ghost
    ghost

Post by ghost Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:06 pm

TANSYPAW

I don't know if I'll be any use to you,” Tansypaw eyes the herbs warily, the same caution one may afford a basking snake. It isn't as if being near them will bring Tansypaw under some great harm, and if she makes a mistake Icepaw will be there to catch it, but...

But Tansypaw worries. “Is it... typically fun?” Whatever it is the medicine cats, apprentice or otherwise, do with the herbs is beyond Tansypaw. She's seen them at work countless times, and yet their work has always held a certain randomness to it. The herbs presented to her look like any other— the scent is sharp and warm, but Tansypaw is uncertain if that is these herbs in particular or just the scent of the den itself.

The place where Icepaw had headbutted her feels colder than the rest of her, as if Icepaw carried the warmth away with her. Tansypaw reminds herself twice not to touch it, “You'll have to show me how its done,” She concedes, then lowers herself carefully to inspect what is before her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 am