Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam [p. DARK]

rainwhisper
    rainwhisper

that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam [p. DARK] Empty that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam [p. DARK]

Post by rainwhisper Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:08 am

Her paws scooped up the bit of snow still laying in camp, formed it into a ball and rolled it to the kits scuffling around outside the nursery. The queens watched the Russian blue mindlessly make a mound before calling out that the molly had made enough. Looking up, she noticed the concerned yet uncomfortable look in their faces before nodding. What they didn't know was the warrior had been looking back in time to when her and some of her clanmates were kits themselves. Life was much easier then. No responsibilities, no families of their own, and they were all still friends. 

Rainwhisper glanced over to Darkstar's den with a frown. Before her demotion, the leader had fallen very ill with greencough. The former medic suspected it could have taken one of her lives, but she had no place in asking such a question during a time like that. But since she had been stripped of her duties and place back among the warrior rank, the blue feline hadn't seen the Shadowclan leader. Nor bothered to ask around on any news of how they had been healing. A visit shouldn't hurt, right? It was just an old friend checking on another, not a routine medical checkup. Taking a deep breath, Rainwhisper stood to her paws and walked with a confident stride. It felt as if eyes were on her, but for once she didn't seem to mind. 

Scratching at the entrance, she could hear a stronger meow from within and slipped inside. It was shaded fairly well as her blue orbs tried focusing. "I'm sorry to intrude Darkstar. I just wanted to come see how you were fairing with the cold, and if you recovery was going well. Have you eaten? I can fetch you something from the pile if you'd like?" Now it was starting to sound like a medic visit. "I mean, solely as... well... friends."

Head tilted as she listened to the leader over the her own thoughts. Darkstar looked tired and a bit older but Rain wasn't going to say anything along those lines, since she had no idea how the tabby would react towards such a comment. A soft smile cracked as she thought back to their apprentice days. 

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 am