Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper

ghost
    ghost

give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper Empty give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper

Post by ghost Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Sumac
    loner | red bi-color

The past half moon has seen the marshland come alive. The lowland is under stagnant, murky water, a combination of snowmelt and rain. High ground is muddy enough that if one were to stand in one place for too long, their paws would begin to sink. There doesn’t seem to be anyone surprised or concerned about this, so Sumac accepts it as the unfortunate norm.

The meeting place Sumac chosen is a scarcity. Where elsewhere the water sits still enough to collect a layer of floating plantlife that looks deceptively solid, or where the water appears still but has an undertow strong enough to pull a tree loose from the ground, the place Sumac has chosen has neither feature.

The water here is shallow enough that one can stand in it without getting their belly wet. The ground is composed of stones worn smooth by the slow current. Around the shore grow sedges and sweetgrasses, and in the creek minnows gather to eat insects that linger for too long on the surface. The water is clear enough that Sumac can see her paws as plainly as if she were standing on dry land.

She stands in the creek now, this place where water has come to rest, and it is through will alone that she isn’t checking over her shoulder with every sound. Sumac had asked Rainwhisper to meet her here at sunhigh, and while it wasn’t quite sunhigh yet, anticipation has made her more eager than usual.

give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper Empty Re: give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper

Post by rainwhisper Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 pm

Sumac wanted to meet with Rainwhisper. This actually made the Russian blue a little nervous, but her excitement over powered it by a thousand. Rain did her best to make sure she was groomed well and took a dip in the nearest stream to wash off excess mud on her paws. Slushing around the water in her mouth, she spit it out and took a look in the stream at her teeth. I guess I can clean up rather nice, huh? Long blue legs stepped out of the water and she shook of her pelt, tamed her fur and fluffed her tail. 

Walking to the meeting place that her red beauty whispered to her the night before, Rain did her best to remember the directions but instead relied on the scent trail left behind by Sumac. Dark blue eyes looked up as she caught a glimpse of white in the sunlight. The woman took a deep breath in as she straightened herself out and approached the red haired miss with a smile. "You couldn't have picked an easier place to meet?" Rain joked as she dipped her head to her. "This is a lovely spot. I don't think I've ever seen this before... What did you want to talk to me about?" 

ghost
    ghost

give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper Empty Re: give me one good movie kiss || priv rainwhisper

Post by ghost Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:26 pm

Sumac
    loner | red bi-color

Rainwhisper appears as if stepping out of a dream. It is only through careful self discipline that Sumac does not outwardly react; her control over her body is absolute. In another lifetime, one where she wasn’t burdened and blessed with a knowledge of destiny, one where Sumac could be freer, perhaps her breath would have hitched, and perhaps for a moment she would be struck silent in gentle wonderment that Rainwhisper cared enough to go through the effort of so carefully cleaning herself for the sake of Sumac.

It is more than Sumac would have ever done, both in this life and the one hypothetical.

Where is the fun in easy?” Sumac says instead of anything else, her monotone voice not softer but quieter. Sumac reminds herself of her impressive self control. When she next speaks, her voice is back to its typical state, “The best things in life are those you must work for.

What do you want to talk to me about? Rainwhisper asks, and in this moment there are countless possibilities as to how Sumac can answer. The truth is an option, but even then a million truths exist to such a simple question. A lie brings about more possibilities, a fun jaunt in some kind of misunderstanding, which brings only the two futures where Rainwhisper is hurt and forgives her or is hurt and remains bitter.

As with most things, the best path is the most direct path.

You,” is how Sumac responds, because it is the truth in its most simplest of forms, “I want to get to know you,” She continues after a pause, “And it wouldn’t be too presumptuous of me to think that you would want likewise of me.” At this, Sumac turns her head away, admiring the view. Mosquitos dance over the surface of the water, uninterested in being pests while the sun is high and there are eggs to be lain. The minnows that eat them flash reflected silver when the sunlight hits them at the correct angle.

Tell me what it was about myself that caught your eye. After you may ask me something, and I will tell you in turn.”  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:55 am