Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

these thoughts are never resting || intro

Go down

these thoughts are never resting || intro Empty these thoughts are never resting || intro

Post by ghost on Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:04 am

SLACKFOOT
shadowclan warrior | limp hindleg | cream tabby | dsh | tags

The midmorning sky is clear. A waning moon hangs above the horizon, pale and scant against the blue of the sky. Under the daylight, it feels as though it hangs higher than it does at night. Farther away. The world is awake with the harsh calling of cicadas, the singing of various birds. Distantly, a frog croaks. There is a certain sort of magic to days as this one, Slackfoot thinks, and he thinks with such assuredness that the thought burrows into his chest and makes a home there, unquestioned and uncontested. 

There is something tempting about the way the moon hangs in the sky, like a feather drifting in the wind. It demands: chase me. It demands: reach me. Slackfoot's paws itch with the want, the need, to do so. There is a crescent notch taken out of the fullness of it's circle, and Slackfoot is struck with another thought: Someday, someday he is going to climb high enough and he is going to travel far enough that he will reach the moon, and the thought is absurd enough that it startles a laugh out of him, drawing the attention of a few nearby clanmates.

Unembarrassed, Slackfoot seizes upon the opportunity of having his clanmate's attention, ”Anyone care to accompany me on a walk?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

these thoughts are never resting || intro Empty Re: these thoughts are never resting || intro

Post by Zaeya~ on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Firepaw let a soft sigh slip from her muzzle as she slipped from the elder's den, setting her ball of old moss down in order to stretch. Her emerald green eyes lazily moved across the camp, hoping to spot Flaxenpaw to see if he wanted to hang out. Another voice touched her ears, however, and she would smile in her usual humble kindness as she bounded over to the warrior, "Hello Slackfoot!" Her voice was cheery and filled with warmth that was becoming well known for the apprentice, "I would be honored to join you if you don't mind an apprentices company." 

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

these thoughts are never resting || intro Empty Re: these thoughts are never resting || intro

Post by ghost on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 pm

SLACKFOOT

Then there is Firepaw. Kind. Slackfoot smiles to her, nods his allowance. A suiting name for someone so warm. He had already been in a good mood, but Firepaw's own is contagious in it's own right. His smile grows. ”As long as you don't find my own company so terrible,” Slackfoot teases easily, then, with a jerk of his head, he gestures for Firedawn to follow. It's beautiful out here, and Slackfoot, despite all of his wants, finds that he feels so incredibly lucky to live here of all places.

The desire to go further never quite leaves him, the knowledge that there is sure to be more to life begging him to stray, but for now, Slackfoot is content.

I hope I'm not keeping you from any of your duties,” The twinkle in his eyes says otherwise. Even if Firepaw was using him as an excuse to procrastinate, and that was a massive if, Slackfoot didn't think of Firepaw as irresponsible enough to completely neglect her duties. ”Why not show me something you've learned? I might be able to learn something from you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaeya~ on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 pm

The red she-cat would trot behind the tom happily, her feathery plume of a tail raised high in the sky as a further display of her joy to spend time with the warrior. Once they left camp, a purr of laughter would touch her throat as she shook her head, "Not at all! Perfect timing, actually. My chores are all finished for the day!" As he prompted her to show her what she had been taught so far, the apprentice would tilt her head in thought before smiling brightly, "Ok! NPC taught me this move a few days ago!" 

Firepaw would suddenly stop in her walking and lower herself into an impressively close to perfect hunting crouch. Her emeralds would focus on a falling leaf just overhead, and when it was just within in range, the Somali would leap high in the sky, batting the leaf as if to swat at a bird in flight, catching it with her paws before bringing both of them to the earth and smiling triumphantly. "I'm still practicing, but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it!" 

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 pm

SLACKFOOT

When Firepaw leaps to catch the leaf, Slackfoot trills, then nods in approval when she lands. ”Slowly, she says! You practically have it mastered.” He approaches, enough to give the leaf she had caught an appraising sniff, ”Can't say I recognize this particular bird. Been seeing it everywhere, lately,” Slackfoot swats the leaf to the side, watches as it twirls into the underbrush. He didn't doubt his ability to leap as Firepaw had, but he was certain to make plenty of noise on his way into the crouch.

Don't be afraid to raise your chin a little and take pride in what you do.” A real bird was sure to be a little more tricky than a leaf. Things to consider, like how it would be going up as opposed to down, and how easily one could become disoriented watching the flapping of wings. Still, Firepaw has the form down, and that's nothing to sneeze at. ”Say, you weren't born in ShadowClan, were you?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum