Astralis Frontier

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A semi-AU, semi-realistic Warrior Cats RPG based off of the books by Erin Hunter

Switch Accounts

Switch Accounts

Discord Server

the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro]

hanakosong
    hanakosong

the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro] Empty the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro]

Post by hanakosong Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Being named as the successor to Shallowlight by Owlstar was...a surreal experience. Of course, the young tabby had assisted the former medicine cat a few times whenever she had had a spare moment. But Asterpool never dreamed that StarClan would look upon her so favorably as to appoint her a true medicine cat. The orange tabby knew the basics of herbs and the remedies they concocted, but it would take several more moons of training and trial and error before she considered herself a true medicine cat.
    Emerging from her den - sometimes she still referred to it as Shallowlight's den - Asterpool greeted the dawn sky with a long, luxurious stretch and massive yawn. She had always been an early riser, so the sight was a familiar one. Truthfully, the she-cat was excited to face the day, to hopefully learn something new. She swept her gaze around the camp to see if there was anyone else up and about yet.
    ghost
    ghost

the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro] Empty Re: the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro]

Post by ghost Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:12 pm

COALWHISKER
    thunderclan warrior | solid black | oriental short-hair | tags

Mornings suit him, Coalwhisker thinks. He is still young enough that this is the sort of thing he is learning about himself, that he likes the blush-light of dawn and the birdsong. Chilled air. The way the stars fade from sight, starting at one horizon and bleeding to the next. He likes the quiet around camp, before the world is awake and noisy and wanting.

Accusing Coalwhisker of being introverted would be a fair enough assessment. He wasn't one to seek out a crowd, was far more likely to retreat from any such gathering. That didn't mean he didn't enjoy being social, every odd occasion. Every bit feral, he approaches Asterpool with the same caution one would approach a coiled snake, his large ears pivoting and his body tensed, ready to retreat.

Despite the obvious discomfort in his posture, Coalwhisker is able to wrestle his gruff voice into something a little closer to amicable when he greets Asterpool, ”You seem cheery,” Coalwhisker notes, but he doesn't think that's what he means. ”Eager,” Coalwhisker amends.

the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro] Empty Re: the stars in the sky and the stars in your eyes [intro]

Post by hanakosong Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Ears twitching at the sound of Coalwhisker's voice, Asterpool's yellow-green gaze swiveled his way and she made a chirping noise in the back of her throat in greeting. Did she seem cheery? Well, it was a lovely morning after all, so why wouldn't she be?
    "Well, it's just so lovely out! There's things to be sad about of course, with recent changes, but there's plenty of things to be happy about, too!" The orange tabby's voice was soft and sweet, indeed cheerful. She was much more easy going than most of her Clanmates, and she liked to take her time and enjoy things. Like the sunrise, for instance.
    WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven

Post by WhiteRaven Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:16 am

Mistpool

The slender russian-blue molly had just recently returned from an early-morning patrol, entering the camp just has things had just become lively again. She let out a soft huff of air, and could almost taste the fresh morning dew on the tip on her tongue. The previous few days events still hung in the air, however things were starting to slowly settle back into a regular routine again. While out on patrol, Mistpool had found a particularly large abundance of cob-web, that she supposed she would bring back to Asterpool, the clans newest medicine cat. Mistpool had always found Asterpool rather pleasant to be around, her cheery presence seemed to be rather soothing, Mistpool was sure she would be an excellent successor to Shallowlight. 

The warrior padded across the camp towards the medicine can den, carrying the bounded web gently in her maw. To her surprise, the Medicine cat was already up, and Mistpool smiled with relief, grateful for needing to wake Asterpool up and disturb a potentially pleasant rest. As she drew closer, her light aqua gaze drifted towards Coalwhisker, a fellow warrior. Mistpool did not know Coalwhisker that well, she had noted that he seemed to rise rather early in the mornings though, possibly to enjoy the initial calming hours of the early morning. The molly dipped her head in greeted to the pair, "Good morning, seems as though we all were eager to get up before the dawn today" she purred warmly, then placed the cobwebs down, turning to Asterpool, "I found some cobwebs while out on the early morning patrol, I just thought I'd nab them while I was out since they were a bit far into the territory" She smiled, "-might save you a bit of trouble" Mistpool waved her tail gently back and forth. Mistpool didn't know too much about herbs, but she did recall Shallowlight always bringing them back into camp to stock-pile for the winter. 

Thunderclan Warrior
    ghost
    ghost

Post by ghost Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:35 am

COALWHISKER

Constantly looking for the positives in life had to be exhausting. Coalwhisker keeps his face from morphing into a scowl, but he cannot prevent the way his jaw tightens. Yes, he had wanted to be social, but perhaps he should have been selective about who he was being social too. Would it be rude to walk away now? Did he care if he was rude? ”Sure,” He half-heartedly agrees with Asterpool mostly because one is supposed to respond when spoken too. Plenty to be happy about. Coalwhisker had just been happy about the morning. Why did Asterpool pointing out that there were things to be happy about ruin his mood?

With the arrival of Mistpool, Coalwhisker is left questioning his life-choices even further. There was a limit to the amount of talking he could take. ”Well look at you, putting spiders out of homes.” Spoken dryly, Coalwhisker's eyes flicking from the offered cobwebs to Mistpool's face. He doesn't really care all that much about spiders, he's just- he doesn't know. ”Asterpool, have you thought about what Mistpool's prize is going to be? Gotta be something good, she's got cobwebs.

Post by hanakosong Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:25 pm

Eyes flitting to Mistpool as the she-cat deposits the cobwebs at her paws, the orange tabby's ears perk up and she purrs happily. Scooping up the offering, she places it aside, out of the way of stumbling paws, before turning back to the pair of warriors before her. Coalwhisker's expression seems lackluster but Mistpool looks rather upbeat. Asterpool has never been one to judge attitude on a superficial level, because she hadn't always been as bubbly as she was now. There was always something more.
    "Thank you, Mistpool! I was beginning to run a little low, so I appreciate it!" Her yellow-green eyes flit back to Coalwhisker at his dry, sarcastic response, and Asterpool can't help but to chuckle lightly. "No prize, but I'm sure she enjoyed her morning walk. It was a kind gesture that saved me some trouble. Should I prepare a prize for you, Coalwhisker, if you ever bring me herbs?" The orange tabby's voice is lightly teasing as she turns back to the cobwebs to take them further into her den. She's in no hurry to shoo the warriors away. Ever since Shallowlight passed, the den had been much lonelier, so their company was welcome.
    WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven

Post by WhiteRaven Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:57 am

Mistpool 

Mistpool glanced at Coalwhisker, chuckling slightly at his rather sharp and dry response, amused at his surprising response and disposition. Mistpool was rather a clam figure, not one to jump so quickly into being defensive, despite the clearly sarcastic retort Coalwhisker had said in response to her actions. The molly purred in amusement at Asterpools response, waving her talk back and forth, "Ah... Too bad, I was looking forward to a prize, better luck next time" She smiled teasingly along with Asterpools statement. Mistpool briefly thought about leaving after she fulfilled the task she had set out to do, then hesitated. It hd been a while since she had spoken with Asterpool, and decided to inquire how she had been, its not like Mistpool was in any rush to be called out on patrol again. The she-cat briefly thought about Coalwhisker presence as well, he seemed rather put-off that she had arrived, but Mistpool wanted to make an effort to at least be civil with the Warrior, besides, she had not had much chance to inquire with him as of late either. 

"How have you been Asterpool? You've seemed to have your paws quite full lately" She noted. Although the molly had not been Medicine cat until very recently, even during her status as an apprentice Mistpool could tell how busy she was. The russian blue felt a pang of sympathy, with Shallowlights passing, it was difficult for all the clan, but Asterpools had been likely the closest with the medicine cat during this time, the burden must have been much more difficult to adjust to. 

Thunderclan Warrior
    ghost
    ghost

Post by ghost Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:48 pm

COALWHISKER

Coalwhisker wasn't expecting his gruff words to be taken in such stride. He isn't certain what he was expecting, if there was anything to gain. To tell the two mollies that he wasn't impressed by a good deed? To tell the world? ”There isn't a need for you to prepare anything,” Coalwhisker replies to Asterpool quickly, his large ears folding. Then they simply... continue on with the conversation.

His fumbling and his sarcasm hasn't made things too awkward for the two of them, hasn't made either of them feel nearly as out of place as Coalwhisker does now. It isn't- he doesn't care, it's just...

Well, this has officially gone on past my point of interest,” Coalwhisker cuts in before Asterpool could answer to Mistpool's small talk. He stands stiffly, the sharp angles of his body rigid as he turns and marches away.

//out!

Post by hanakosong Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 am

Admittedly, she's a little disappointed that Coalwhisker fled her den as she was returning from depositing the cobwebs. But the orange tabby tries to not let is show too much, not wanting to guilt him into staying if he didn't wish for their company. So the medicine cat merely waves her tail and calls out a cheerful, "thanks for stopping by, Coalwhisker!" to his retreating form.
    Turning her attention to Mistpool, the medicine cat sits and gives a tiny shrug of her shoulders, yellow-green eyes trailing aimlessly around the den for a moment. "I've been alright. Keeping busy with everything...but it is strange to be on my own now. There was still so much Shallowlight had to teach me, and I'll admit I feel unworthy of the title. But I hope to grow to earn it someday."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 am