Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up

Go down

a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up Empty a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up

Post by .nico. on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 pm

DOGSNARL

RIVERCLAN / DEPUTY / GRAY TABBY

The newly named deputy watched as the last life drained from their leader's eyes. The tuxedo feline's green eyes were once vibrant, replaced with a duller version of the tom's friendly orbs. The blood matted his lips, the sign of his struggle to breath. The marred deputy stood over his body, their heart breaking as they saw their final choice being made for them. They had to step up as leader. After all, the deputy always took their place as leader when the leader resigned or died. This was their role now. Dogsnarl padded up to the High Ledge for their meeting. "RiverClan, gather beneath the High Ledge for a clan meeting!" Their voice was mournful, the stormy tabby felt their heart in their throat. "Porcupinestar is dead. As the deputy of RiverClan, it is my duty to take over as leader. Those that were close with our beloved leader will sit vigil and share tongues with him one last time. Then tomorrow, I shall be going to Moonstone to receive my nine lives as your leader." 

The marred feline looked down at their clan, the one they were expected to lead. This was their time, wasn't it? The shiver down their spine made them fear that it wasn't the case. Dogsnarl would become Dogstar, StarClan permitting. Dogsnarl continued. "When I come back, I will not be naming a deputy. At least, not yet. I shall name a deputy when I find the one I trust within the clan. This will be unprecedented as leaders normally chose their deputies after they return, but I won't be like the leaders that came before me. I hope you join me in striving for a better tomorrow. One that RiverClan will prosper from. Now, the meeting is dismissed. Those that want to join me in sharing tongues with Porcupinestar one last time as we hold a vigil for him, please do so." With that, the mangled tabby jumped down and found themselves drifting towards the leader's body. Standing over him, they began their leader night as deputy and their first day as standing leader.

Founder

View user profile https://www.astralisfrontierrpg.com

Back to top Go down

a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up Empty Re: a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up

Post by ghost on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:36 am

VEERYCLOUD
riverclan warrior | dilute calico | classic tabby | dlh | tags

With the times changing, Veerycloud found herself... uncertain of the future. She looks to Dogsnarl, and listens to their decision on waiting to name a deputy, and feels... hesitant. Veerycloud has never felt strongly about the code, but she knows the rules well enough, and she knows this is against that. Would such a choice bring StarClan's anger? Or would StarClan see wisdom in Dogsnarl's choice? With the death of Porcupinestar so recent, Veerycloud keeps her mouth shut, thoughtful.

She hadn't been close to him, but grief tugged at her chest all of the same. No, she hadn't been close, but he had still been her leader, someone Veerycloud could look to. Could Dogsnarl be that for her now?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up Empty Re: a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up

Post by ~Nightrose~ on Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:34 am

a dog's bark is worse than their bite | stepping up Flamingtext_com_1589683361_568801510

Mentions: 
The tom had sat and listened to Dogsnarl's announcement pain flashed through his eyes when they announced the death of their leader Porcupinestar. As he listened further he pondered on Dogsnarl's decision to wait for a deputy but after a brief moment actually felt it best that the feline wait to be sure of their decision. Quick judgements sometimes lead to a path of mistakes and he didnt want that for the clan it was hard enough that they knew the time was coming when their leader would no longer be there for them, now he hoped for the best.

Seeing Veerycloud near by he padded over to her, not wanting to impose his presence on her he left some space only giving a soft purr meaning to comfort when he got close enough for her to hear, he sat down curling his tail in close that another passing cat wouldn't trod upon it and waited knowing some may not want to talk right now.
"Speech" -Attack-

size reference - tags - history - adoptions

~Nightrose~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum