Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

the owl's nest | open; intro

Go down

the owl's nest | open; intro Empty the owl's nest | open; intro

Post by .nico. on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 am

OWLPAW

SHADOWCLAN / APPRENTICE / CHOCOLATE CHARCOAL TABBY

The young apprentice woke with a new wound on his ear, nearly splitting it in half. Owlpaw winced as the burning sensation finally hit him full force. The feline's deep copper-amber eyes scanned the apprentices' den, clearly no one had been paying attention. The chocolate tabby rose from his nest and towards the camp's clearing. The feline had no friends, no family, no mentor. His mentor had died in the battle between the clans and the dog pack. He knew he needed to be stronger. The Dark Forest warrior, Coyoteburr, had promised him all of that and more. The taste of the metallic liquid still coated his tongue. It was a heavy reminder of the battle he had just fought with some other apprentice. He knew that he had to fight to survive and, in order to survive, he had to thrive. Owlpaw had been fighting to survive his whole life. Fighting tooth and nail to keep himself above the water, he'd never give up. No, he was much more stubborn than that. 

Owlpaw looked at the newly named deputy and then to the leader, a grim look on his face. The stoic apprentice's tail lashed behind him after he passed them. He knew he would have to wait for the next meeting to receive another mentor. A weakhearted mentor. One that would much rather expose their belly to another clan than one that would defend their clan with their life. Owlpaw wouldn't dare declare loyalty to said cat, but he knew softhearted fools like the majority of ShadowClan would much rather broker peace. The dedicated tom was one to fight for his clan, to lay his life down for his clan. If that meant betraying the stars to do so, then so be it. The young apprentice sighed as he sat by the entrance of the camp. A snarl forming on his lips as he stared towards the horizon, knowing he couldn't leave the camp without a warrior. If he did, he'd surely be punished. However, if he didn't, then he'd find himself going insane.

Founder

View user profile https://www.astralisfrontierrpg.com

Back to top Go down

the owl's nest | open; intro Empty Re: the owl's nest | open; intro

Post by scar. on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 am

TANGYPAW

SHADOWCLAN / APPRENTICE / BEAUTY QUEEN

tangypaw was a lot less... stoic than owlpaw had been. he was ambitious and was willing to lay down his life for the clan, but she had something to prove. her father was a very strict cat. how she even managed to deal with him was way over her head. she was trying at every walking moment to impress him, so she had been away for a while now, pacing back and forth, and waiting for something to do. he had told her that she needed to wait for him so that she could train with his apprentice, who mind you had been way older than she, but he was taking way too long. grooming her fur, which she kept clean on a count of her father scolding her if it looked any other way but neat, her head turned to see owlpaw walking out of the den. her body perked up, and quickly she made way over to the prickly tom, giving a swift lick to his torn ear, much too used to the metallic taste to even flinch at it. "hey, owlpaw. finally awake?" tangypaw asked as she pressed her body against his. she wished she could be more enthusiastic and loud like she was when her father wasn't around, just to annoy owlpaw, but her father was somewhere. she didn't need to give him a reason to go rough on her.
scar.
scar.
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:57 am

TANSYPAW
shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

The thought Tansypaw has upon leaving the elder's den is that Owlpaw looks angry. She hasn't been awake for long, just enough time to help the elders with their ticks. She freezes upon exiting the den, taking in Owlpaw's rigid posture. From her angle, she cannot see his face, but she can imagine what expression he must be wearing well enough. Was he angry at her? Did she do something wrong? Would he stop liking her? Did he even actually like her, or was he just placating her?

Or maybe he was upset about something else, waiting for someone to come comfort him, and if Tansypaw didn't that would make him angry with her? Or maybe he'd rather be alone right now, and if Tansypaw tried to talk to him that would make him hate her? Indecision grips her as if it is a physical thing, and there Tansypaw stands for a time, bile soaked moss held in her teeth, dripping onto her paws. The taste unpleasant but not unbearable.

It is when Tansypaw notices blood that her worry for Owlpaw overrides the worry for herself. She drops the moss off, then circles back to Owlpaw, approaching him as one would approach a coiled snake. ”Are you okay?” It's a broad question, one Tansypaw knows must be hard. He recently lost his mentor, of course he wouldn't be okay. A part of Tansypaw hates herself for even asking.

She settles next to Owlpaw, looking out at what he is. Then, her gaze drifts to Owlpaw, to his split ear, and Tansypaw is so completely out of her depth that she hasn't a clue what to say now. State the obvious? Owlpaw likely already knows what happened to his ear. Could she talk him into going to see the medicine cat? Looking at him in profile, Tansypaw cannot help but feel like she is a kit trailing after someone cooler than her, better than her.

It looks cool,” Tansypaw offers at last, and she hopes she hasn't ruined anything.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by .nico. on Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:24 am

OWLPAW

Owlpaw knew the two apprentices that approached him, both equally as strong and determined as he was. Yes, it was in different aspects of their life and for different reasons, but Owlpaw appreciated that about both of these souls. Tangypaw was much more tangible with her affection towards others while Tansypaw was more reserved, both of which he had no quarrel with. They were both souls he related to one way or another. Tansypaw and himself seemed to be more mirrored than Tangypaw, yet the orange feline was one that allied and aligned with him in the Dark Forest. Much to his chagrin, the vibrant molly was determined to prove herself to Coyoteburr. “Yes, Tangypaw. I’m awake and okay. Just a small cut. One of many small lessons to be learned.” The meaning behind his words were cryptic and kept both of their secrets.

As Tansypaw made her way over, the chocolate tabby dipped his head and seemed to be calmer now that his two friends were present. “Thanks.” He spoke in his monotonous voice. “Seems like they have you on elder duty. What a shame. You should be out training on your fighting skills. Seems to be a better use of your talents. Elders should be cared for by the kits. All the elders do are tell stories of how they brought peace to the clans. Bunch of sellouts if you ask me.” His voice went sour as he spoke of the elders. Softhearted, senile fools. Giving up their glory to grow old. Owlpaw snorted towards the direction of the elders’ den and then looked back at his friends. “Tell me one of your mentors is taking you out to train in fighting or patrolling. I need to stretch my legs.”

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:06 pm

TANSYPAW
Tangypaw is pressed to Owlpaw’s side, and not one to be left out, Tansypaw leans against his other flank. He’s warm, and he isn’t angry with her, and this is okay. She wants to know what happened to Owlpaw’s ear desperately, but fears too strongly that her eagerness to know will give Owlpaw the impression that her worry is disingenuous. StarClan, has Tansypaw decided to show her worry?

She’s distracted from her thoughts as he continues. Apparently, tending to the elders is a waste of time. Her day is better spent training, growing her meek skills. Tansypaw likes the elders, likes hearing of the time before her birth, likes seeing battle scars with fascinating origins. Tending to them doesn’t feel like a waste of time, it feels like the least she could do. Were she to be bolder, more sure of herself, less desperate, she would argue with Owlpaw, tell him exactly what she thinks of his attitude. Tansypaw is young, she probably just doesn’t know what she’s supposed to think or how she’s supposed to act.

Instead, she pulls a face of contempt, and hopes no one will see the flaws, “I hope I never outlive my use as they have,” It would be true, if Tansypaw thought that of the elders as useless, “Apprentices have better uses for our time, while the kits get to laze around and play all day!” Tansypaw misses being a kit.

When Owlpaw asks if one of them is due for a patrol, Tansypaw shakes her head. “Maybe we can ask?” She pauses a beat, another possibility coming to mind. It feels like a gamble to suggest it, Owlpaw and Tangypaw might not like it— “Or... maybe we can sneak out?” Her voice dropped into a conspiracle whisper. Would they like that?

ghost
ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scar. on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:33 pm

TANGYPAW

SHADOWCLAN / APPRENTICE / BEAUTY QUEEN

right. a lesson. she tried her best to keep scars from littering her body because of her dad. surely if he had seen one, he would throw a fit. she gently clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth in thought, pulling away from her mind at the sound of tansypaw. what she meant to say was that out kits did, because as soon as tangypaw could walk, she was not afforded the luxury to be a kit. she wanted to, believe her, even now the kit inside of her wanted nothing more than to play and laze around, but her father would have never let her do such things. "stars, please. let's just sneak out before my dad finds me and takes me out. he wants me to do training with gorgepaw, and he is way older than us, so let's just go."
scar.
scar.
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by .nico. on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:50 pm

OWLPAW

He looked at Tansypaw first, considering that she was the first one to speak to him. He could see the worry in her eyes, but he dismissed it. After all, he was fine. It happened, it was done. The tom is interested in her proposed thought. "If we sneak out that, we could get into trouble and it could possibly delay us in becoming warriors." He replied, his tone hushed. "However, if I don't leave camp, I won't survive. It's stuffy in this camp." The tom's tail flicked behind him as he spoke. Owlpaw was thinking, debating. This wasn't the first time he had broken the rules. No matter what he did, he'd probably see a delay in his ceremony. So, he finally decided that they would sneak out. 

Rising to his paws, he looked at the two mollies and nodded. "Let's get out of here. I'm sick of sitting around." The tom looked behind them, ensuring that the coast was clear before heading to the entrance of the clan. "Where do you all want to head towards? Hunting grounds or sparring grounds? I say we have a sparring match. The three of us. See if we can improve together."

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:31 pm

TANSYPAW

Oh. They liked her idea. Which is good! It's what she wanted! For them to like her idea, which they do. Which... is a good thing. Yes. A good thing. A good thing that Tansypaw suggested they sneak out and break a rule, which she doesn't want to do, but it's okay because Owlpaw and Tangypaw liked her idea, and they'd like her even more if she followed through with her idea, and they might like her less if she backed out. She follows behind Owlpaw, half certain that something terrible is going to happen as soon as she steps foot out of camp. When nothing does, she relaxes marginally.

Okay, lets spar,” Tansypaw isn't very good yet, but Owlpaw obviously has a preference and Tangypaw just seems to want to avoid sparring with her dad's apprentice, which seems fair enough, ”But we want to avoid your dad, don't we? If he's training Gorgepaw, he's probably at the sparring grounds...” Guess we have to turn back and forget about this! Or, the easier solution, ”So we'll have to spar somewhere else?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum