Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs

Go down

HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs Empty HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs

Post by daisypaw << on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:59 am

having spent most of her days doing something - anything to keep her busy - she had kept a steady eye on the medicine cat's den. she was a warrior's apprentice, but she couldn't stop thinking about her mother's death. nobody would be able to stop thinking about such a sad topic. it haunted her.

she hadn't been there; why? maybe if she knew she was so close to death, she could have helped her mom survived. she could have done something, anything. but the other issue was she knew nothing about herbs. she had the common knowledge that even kits had; that cobweb stopped bleeding, make poultices for wounds to stop infection - but she didn't know exactly what herbs to combine, or what poultices were the best.  she just knew she needed to learn more. her mother's death was so fresh, it wouldnt go away. she knew it wouldn't go away until she learned how to help other cats. she needed to know how to help other cats. she didn't want to sit back and watch anymore; she needed to know how she could stop more death and more tragedy. she wanted to do something, be there.

she was nervous about talking to rainwhisper. what if she didn't want daisypaw in the medicine den? she knew rainwhisper was so kind, so caring; but she was still nervous. she was on the quiet side and didn't like talking, especially with the idea she could get shut down. but she still had to try, right?

she walked to the entrance of the medicine den, her eyes flicking around to land on rainwhisper. "um, hi!" she greeted softly, her green eyes wide with what definitely could be portraying anxiety. "do you..do you think you could teach me some things?"

what if she said no? what if that wasn't good enough for her? "i want to be able to help others. since i couldn't help my mom." she explained, her gaze flitting to the floor of the den.
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs Empty Re: HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs

Post by rainwhisper on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:07 am

The medic was zoned out in her own little world as she stared at the floor. To others, she looked like she was busy but in reality.... she wasn't. A voice from behind brought her back and by the scent, she could tell it was Brindlestar's daughter. The young calico began to speak of learning the herbs so she could help others. 

A part of her wanted to let Daisypaw know that there wasn't much even for Rainwhisper to do in order to save the girl's mother. It was her last life after all. But teaching her a few things would be useful in any case. "I sure can. Anything in particular?" She wrapped her blue tail around the apprentice as she purred. 

"Your mother was a kind woman and strong leader. She would be proud of you for trying to learn something new to help out your clan. And I did everything I could to help her out to make her feel better." Rainwhisper thought back to when she was an apprentice and felt helpless when Quillsnap became injured. She did everything she possibly could do to help him out with being comfortable, heal faster and make him know he wasn't alone. Company would also be nice after being in this den alone for a moon! 
rainwhisper
rainwhisper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs Empty Re: HOW CAN I HELP? / learning about herbs

Post by daisypaw << on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 am

daisypaw let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding whenever rainwhisper agreed that she would be able to teach her some things regarding herbs. but then her next question came: what did she want to know?

the fluffy calico wasn't sure. was everything a good answer? she wanted to know enough to help others, enough to be useful if someone were to get hurt and rainwhisper needed help. or if something were to happen to rainwhisper. she just needed to know something.

then rainwhisper went on to talk about brindlestar, her mom. her green eyes dropped to the ground with what could be described as anxiousness. she missed her mom dearly, and the thought of her mom being talked about in the past tense disturbed her a bit. she was still having trouble truly groping the fact that her mom was gone, not coming back. but the medic saying that her mom would be proud of her did give a little spark in her heart. yeah, brindlestar probably would be proud of her.

"whatever you can teach me," she finally responded, growing a bit more confident since the medicine cat had agreed to showing her some things and she knew she wouldn't fear rejection, "i want to know what the herbs do, when to use them. why we use them. everything about them."

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost on Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:44 am

TANSYPAW
shadowclan apprentice | torbie | dsh | tags

When Tansypaw ducks into the medicine den, it is with little more than a thorn in her pad. Before her are Rainwhisper and Daisypaw, who are, as far as Tansypaw can tell, having some kind of a moment. Will she ever be anything but wrong-footed? Tansypaw squeaks out a surprised, "Sorry, sorry! I can-" and the word wait is resting on her tongue, but Tansypaw stops short. She can wait, but her paw twinges painfully despite Tansypaw holding it carefully over the ground.

"It isn't... if I'm not interrupting anything I just, I stepped on a thorn and when I tried to get it out it just went further in and one of the elders said that if it gets all the way stuck a bramble bush will grow from my paw and..." Once repeated, Tansypaw realizes that they had been teasing her about that. Right? Brambles aren't seeds, are they? They might be. "Um, but maybe I don't have to actually worry about that."

View user profile

daisypaw << likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daisypaw << on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 pm

DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

daisypaw and rainwhisper hadn't gotten too far on their small training session before tansypaw was coming in. daisypaw swiveled her head to see what all the commotion was about, and she could have guessed, probably. tansypaw was always getting into trouble. she let out a mrrow of laughter when tansypaw discussed her situation, that she had a thorn stuck in her paw and she couldn't get it out. she was rambling, and she seemed to be nervous. "we can help!" daisypaw beamed to her, "you came at a great time, actually, tansypaw." maybe that would make the nervous apprentice feel a bit better. she looked up at rainwhisper, realizing she didn't actually know what to do or where to begin, as if saying, what first?

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainwhisper on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 am

The young girls actions were speaking louder than her words, maybe it was too soon of the Russian blue to speak about Brindlestar. Daisypaw's input of being open to learning anything useful put Rainwhisper in a rut. The old basics every kit was taught with cobweb, poppy seeds and thyme were out the window. Hmm...

As if Starclan was to the rescue, Tansypaw came stumbling in and rambled on about a thorn in her paw. PERFECT! Clearing her throat the woman looked to both of the young girls and smiled, “Tansy, love, sit in the nest please and hold out your paw. Daisy, you try and see how deep it is and if you can pull it out while I grab a couple of things.” Dark blue eyes searched for tormentil or dock and a couple of raspberry leaves. Grabbing what she needed, Rain then returned to the conversating apprentices and placed the herbs down. 

"Okay, so raspberry leaves are used to stop bleeding and making pain more bearable. I brought this in case Tansypaw's thorn is pretty deep and she wants something for her pain. Dock is used to help with sore pads and to sooth scratches, which we will apply after we remove the thorn. And lastly, tormentil root is good for any wound and is also used to help extract any poison from a bite."

She reached out for the tortie apprentice's paw and carefully chewed up the tormentil root while pushing the dock towards Daisypaw. "Only a little bit." She meowed as she spit out the chewed poultice on her paw to transfer onto the wound. 

After everything was finished, she purred with content after wrapping Tansy's paw in catchweed and a beech leaf. "Now... how does that feel?"
DAISYPAW
shadowclan - apprentice - female - 9 moons - tags

text goes here

"speech."

now you've hit a wall,
and its not your fault
my dear
daisypaw <<
daisypaw <<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: