Astralis Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts
Switch Accounts

Discord Server

LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open

Go down

LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open Empty LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open

Post by FIREFLY! on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 pm

a yawn escaped the maw of a tom who was bored. very bored. he was always bored, if he wasn't running around and burning off his energy in some way. his cinder gray tail flickered against the ground as his stone blue eyes glanced to and fro, trying to figure out if there was anyone he could call over to keep him company, anyone he could go over and annoy, wrestle with, anything! he hated sitting here and watching everyone just sit around because no patrols were going out and it was dreary weather. yes the sky was gray, but that didn't mean they all had to act so gray!

he stretched out his back first, his rump going in the air before switching and his back arching. he stretched out his paws in front of him, each small claw digging a little divet in the dirt before retracting back into his white paws. he flicked his tall ear, suppressing another yawn before he finally called out, "does someone want to play a game? please - i am begging for some company! you could even pick the game - oh, dear starclan, i'll take anything!" he was so overdramatic. the young tom waited, non-patiently, for someone to respond to his calls, his tail flicking excitedly as he thought of being able to do something, finally.

firefly just had no patience. he always had to be doing something to keep busy. he loved making friends and talking; he would listen to himself talk for hours, even if it meant talking to a rock, a bug, the wall, himself. he had so much energy to burn, so many words to speak. 

⋆ AND IF ITS CRAZY, LIVE A LITTLE CRAZY! ⋆

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open Empty Re: LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open

Post by WhiteRaven on Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Flicker

The russet-pelted tom ran his tongue gingerly over a stubborn piece of fur that stuck straight up, letting out an annoyed huff as his efforts seemingly were futile. Flicker glanced around camp, everything seemed rather peaceful, they haven't had any extreme weather, or reports of dangerous predators lately, so he was feeling rather content. The sky outside was still a dark grey, so most cats seems to be in the camp for the time being, in hopes to avoid getting caught in the eventual downpour of rain. The young toms mind began to wonder, "Geez, its so quiet and peaceful... wait... where is-?" And as if of cue, Flicker heard the familiar cry of Firefly, calling out across the camp, "Aaaannddd there he is" Flicker sighed and smiled, glancing around at his clan-mates before getting to his paws. Firefly and Flicker had been friends since they were kits, when they were younger they were inseparable, and this carried even into when they were older as they usually they weren't far apart from each-other. Flicker padded up to Firefly, "Hey man, sounds like you're about to die of said boredom" He chuckled, prodding Firefly playfully with his paws, "Should we get Stoneteller involved in this medical emergency?" Flicker smirked and teased the tom before glancing around, "What were ya thinking of doing?" Flicker said, suddenly feeling eager to participate in a game.  
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open Empty Re: LETS PLAY A GAME! | firefly's intro, open

Post by FIREFLY! on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 pm

FIREFLY ϟ
torw - prey hunter - male - 16 moons - tags

of course flicker came to the rescue! oh, he should have known better; the tom was always there by his side, always there to make sure that firefly was okay and not too out of control! he shot his friend a large grin as he came over, even though it came with the cost of a few prods and jabs from his friend. "oh my dear friend flicker! how ever glad i am to see you!" he exclaimed, his voice nearly a whine now as he tried hard to show how adamantly bored he was. his eyes flicked toward stoneteller's den as she was mentioned before looking back at his friend. "you know how absolutely delighted stoneteller would be to hear from me again, don't you?" he asked his pal, but pure sarcasm laced his voice. stoneteller has to deal with the tom's antics far too often.

"i dont know - i'll do anything! we can play truth or dare, we can race, we can have a hunting competition - anything that gets me up and moving. i simply hate sitting still!" that was something he didn't even need to say; everyone knew how much the young, bouncy tom hated sitting around. he would run laps around camp if it wasn't for the fact someone would get in his way and stop him.

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:50 pm

Flicker

Flicker smiled, nudging the tom, "Nope, this is a surprise to me, you? full of energy? I couldn't begin to imagine" he purred, then glanced around. There didn't seem to be much activity happening right now, it was relatively calm, and Flicker didn't want to disturb the piece that had settled in camp. He knew that if they started hassling, the kits would also get excited, and then the two of them would get an earful from the already exhausted mothers. "Hmmm... Well, why don't we head outside of camp, I'm down for a race!" The russet tom smirked, and crouched down, waving his tail back and forth. "We might want to give the Stoneteller a break today aha..." He thought to himself, them remembered a previous antic her had gotten into not too long along with Firefly. His best-friend had teased him and nudged at him that day, bantering back and forth with quickly grew into chasing each other around camp. One mis-step through sent both of them flying, and almost completely destroyed the Prey-hunters den by tumbling over one of the Tribe-mates. Not only did they get a scolding, but they also had to conduct apprentice work for the rest of the day by cleaning the Elders den. The last thing Flicker wanted to do today was pick through old lint again, so he had concluded that outside of camp would be the best place to take Firefly's energy. "C'mon! I'll race you to the river! Last one there has to take the other place on the early morning patrol!" He challenged, raising a brow. 

Flicker of Raging Fire

WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIREFLY! on Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:36 pm

FIREFLY ϟ

he felt blessed when flicker said that they could head outside of camp to do something. truly blessed. anything to get out of this boring, flea-ridden camp sounded wonderful to firefly. he grinned and waved his tail behind him, nodding his head eagerly. "yes! lets go out of camp. a race it is, oh, a race! a race sounds delightful, my good pal." he bounded forward a few steps before turning to look back at him, his tail high in the air as he waited for his friend to come after him. but then he heard flicker say they should race to the river. a race to the river, huh? he didn't say anything at first, just looked at flicker as if he was deciding - then he bolted, running as fast as his legs could take him.

he would beat flicker, he just knew it! he was smaller than his friend, more lean, more agile. firefly was just a very small tom overall, having been the runt of the litter and all. his small stature often came in handy though especially in moments like this, because he was quick footed. thats why he was such a great prey hunter; he was able to catch prey, no matter how fast they were! he knew he had to be far ahead of flicker by now.

but there was also a downfall to firefly's speed. it meant he had less time to slow down. he was going so fast, his feet barely touched the ground! he had to get his energy out somehow! he was never good at paying attention, so when he was prey hunting he often got sidetracked. and in this situation, he didn't even notice the massive branch on the ground ahead of him. so he continued at full speed; and by the time he finally noticed, it was far too late to stop or do anything about it. he went flying over the branch with a yelp, sending him quite literally a few feet in the air, him nearly flipping all the while, and then he was sent crashing into the ground.

however, it didn't stop there.

he hit the ground and he rolled. he had been moving fast so he still had momentum; he rolled, and rolled, and rolled.

and he rolled right into the river.

his head went under and he panicked, it took him a few moments to regain balance and figure out where he was, but when he wasn't dizzy anymore he was able to find the top and clawed his way up, towards the bed. he dragged himself out, defeated, embarrassed, tired, pulling himself out just enough that his body was away from the water but he still stay on the ground with his stomach against the dirt, huffing for air and hacking up water. he felt sore already, but the biggest sore spot was currently his heart. he was embarrassed to hell - and surely flicker was going to tell the entire clan about the funny scene he had witnessed!

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRaven on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 am

Flicker

"H-Hey!" Flicker shouted after Firefly as the tom darted forward, so fast that Flicker could barely catch him changing position to run. Suddenly regretting his decision to commit to such a bet, Flicker leapt to his paws and ran after his friend. "Tch..! I forgot how dang fast he is!!" The tom thought to himself regretfully, still watching as Firefly was able to maintain a good few lengths ahead of him. His paws paws pounded roughly against the terrain, fumbling a little at some of the uneven ground, but eventually able to quickly regain his footing. Flickers reflexes were pretty good, with certainly help him as his position as a Prey-hunter. Sometimes however, the tom wondered if he would be better suited as a cave-guard. His fighting skills were much more advanced really, but because of his agile body size and nimble paws, he was given the role of a Prey-hunter. Not that he minded, it meant he got to spend time with... and keep an eye on Firefly throughout the day. 

Flicker began to steadily pick up speed a bit more, but never gaining any substantial length in his stride in comparison to his friend. His eyes were so focused forward, it wasn't even until he heard Firefly yelling that he had realized what had happened. Flicker heard a splash into the river, and his eyes widened, "Ah! Firefly!!" He said, sprinting even faster now to reach the now, sodden tom. Flicker was panting to catch his breath and glanced over the tom, "Are you alright?? Geez! That was one nasty tumble!!" He exclaimed, nosing the toms wet flank with concern. He noticed Firefly's quiet nature suddenly emerging, and Flicker left out a sigh of sympathy and smiled, "Don't worry, i'm not about to say anything to anyone, besides, you beat me in the race! I wouldn't have been able to catch up with you if I tried, I'd never be able to live that down!" Flicker said reassuringly, nuzzling Firefly comfortingly. "Now are you really okay? is there anything that needs to be amputated?" Flicker joked, trying to lighten up Firefly's mood. 

Flicker of Raging Fire
WhiteRaven
WhiteRaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FIREFLY! on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 pm

FIREFLY ϟ

he heard flicker's voice and his heart wrenched. he was done for, oh man - he was surely done for! he felt flicker nosing at him and asking him if he was okay, and firefly was still wheezing, working on regaining his breath. this must have caused flicker to continue talking where he said he lost to him anyways so he wouldn't tell the clan. it was almost as if the tom could read his mind. well, they knew eachother so well, he probably could! he let out a breathy laugh, still sodden and feeling icky and wet. it would take forever to dry!

finally he worked up enough lung capacity to answer flicker's concerned questions, and the tom glanced up at his friend as the other tom looked down at him. "i'm okay,"  he finally told him. just embarrassed. "i'll be sore tomorrow, but nothing is broke."  if something was broke, the whole forest would have known. firefly was never a quiet person and that would not have been an exception. he wondered if anyone else was around that would remind him of the scene they witnessed - fish couldn't talk, could they? "we need to catch some fish so they don't repeat what they saw," he grumbled to his friend, shakily pushing himself to his feet and shaking out his fur to send little water drops flying through the air.  firefly wasn't entirely sure he even knew how to fish. he was still soaked, though. "though the thought of being near water seems a bit perturbing to me at the moment."

FIREFLY!
FIREFLY!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum